I LURK NO LONGER!!

Dik Ellis

Tele-Holic
Welcome to the Club, my friend. I play in my mancave, and it's all good, as they say in Texas.
IMG_1344.JPG

padreraven

Tele-Meister
Remember the Elvis 1968 comeback concert -- the drummer played the guitar case. I have a Djembo he could play on his knees and I've played bongos as well which are good "knee drums." A friend and I have an acoustic jam coming up in a neighborhood garden site which we do every so often, we just play and if people want to stop and listen that just makes it nicer.

BobTheOwl

Tele-Meister
Welcome to the forum.

I’m not too far away in Sheffield. Pre-lockdown my band played a few gigs in the Social Bar in Doncaster.

BobTheOwl

Tele-Meister
Agreed.

The Social was a great little venue. I hope it gets back to business with live bands very soon mate.

Is there anywhere similar in Sheffield?
We play a little pub in Rotherham, called the Cutlers on a regular basis. It’s a proper old fashioned pub with good beers and live bands (playing all genres) every friday, Saturday and Sunday.

To be honest we’ve hardly ever gigged in Sheffield, it’s generally Rotherham, Barnsley or donny.

BobTheOwl

Tele-Meister
Well drop a message when next you play Donny mate, always good to "discover" new bands (well, new to me) :)
Will do. We’re not everyone’s cup of tea though, we play UK Britpop/indie, stuff like oasis, stone roses, courteeners, stereophonics, pulp etc. Always goes down great with the crowd in the Social.