I LURK NO LONGER!!

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Hello all, long time lurker and Tele owner since 2011...well, Cabronita owner since 2011 and Telecaster owner for about a week.

Based in Doncaster, UK and very much a sofa player, though a couple of friends are talking about playing something in the same room since we've all spend a goodly chunk of lockdown with instruments on our knees.

Well, except for the drummer. That would be silly.
Welcome, I lived yon side of Bawtry at Blyth for a few years, Donny was my second home. Glad you stopped lurking and joined the fun

Friend of Leo's
10 years in the shadows eh .... suitable case for Mulder and Scully ;)

Welcome, this is a great place for knowledge and, quite often from these shores, amusement .... even bemusement at times :)

SGE1967

Tele-Meister
Welcome aboard, SG! Let's see some pictures of those Teles.
Will post the Cabronita when she comes home (or I find a "before" pic somewhere), but here's the pimped out Playa!
IMG-20210702-WA0005.jpeg

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
(A rainy afternoon in South Yorkshire.)

SGE1967: Do come in and join us, Mr. Bond. It’s so rare that we have guests here. This is indeed a pleasure. Let me have your raincoat.

James Bond: Thank you. And if I may be so bold, you are…?

SGE1967: I’m SGE1967, though you may know me better as…..

James Bond: Lurker. Yes, we have been aware of your activities for nearly ten years now.

SGE1967: I sincerely doubt that, 007. The methods of MI-6 are clumsy and slow. My operation is sophisticated and highly secretive.

James Bond: But you are right here in the phone book. See? Lurker, Sofa Player, Doncaster, Yorkshire, DN1.

SGE1967: You are having me on then. I’m in the phone book?

James Bond: Yes, right here between Lurch and Lex Luthor.

SGE1967: Well, be that as it may. Please have a seat, anywhere, and then we can discuss business.

James Bond: It’s hard to know where to sit. You have so many couches

SGE1967: Please, Mr. Bond. These are sofas, not couches. I am Lurker after all, the infamous Master Sofa Player of the dark underworld.

James Bond: Right, I must argue then. That over there is a sofa, admittedly. And that houndstooth jobbie beyond that as well. But this here is a couch.

SGE1967: They are sofas. All of them, sofas.

James Bond: The one you are seated in, it’s a loveseat at best!!

SGE1967: You are stalling for time, 007. What’s your game, exactly? Are there a platoon of Commandos beyond that door, ready to break in at your utterance of a secret code word via a tiny electronic transmitter located in the heel of your shoe?

James Bond: No, it’s just me, and I have no code words or transmitters. I was out for a drive, and I thought I would drop in for a visit, to see what’s shaking in the North country.

SGE1967: Are you in the Aston Martin DB5 today?

James Bond: No, sadly it’s a Ford Taurus.

SGE1967: Is it the SHO edition at least, 365 hp twin-turbocharged?

James Bond: No. Base model. Four cylinder, 2.0 Liter EcoBoost.

SGE1967: That’s tragic. Times are that hard down there in the Civil Service?

James Bond: It’s worse than that. The car is from the motor pool, and I have to have it back to Q Branch by four directly.

SGE1967: Well, we had better get down to business then. Would you like a drink, perhaps?

James Bond: I thought you would never ask! Would you happen to have a vodka martini, shaken, not stirred, at precisely -7º Centigrade?

SGE1967: No. I only have some Boddingtons beers. And one or two Newcastles.

James Bond: That’ll have to do. I would be grateful for a Newcastle, and maybe a sandwich. I’m famished.

SGE1967: I haven’t been to the market yet today. I do have some Walkers crisps. I only opened the bag yesterday.

James Bond: That would be delightful.

SGE1967: Do you mind if we retire to the kitchen table then? I wouldn’t want to get crumbs and beers stains on any of my sofas, couches, or loveseats.

James Bond: A messy proposition indeed.

SGE 1967: Exactly!

;)

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Rockinvet

Friend of Leo's
Ah ha! Welcome from another former lurker. You’ll be glad you joined. So much valuable information.

stormsedge

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
(A rainy afternoon in South Yorkshire.)

SGE1967: Do come in and join us, Mr. Bond. It’s so rare that we have guests here. This is indeed a pleasure. Let me have your raincoat.

James Bond: Thank you. And if I may be so bold, you are…?

SGE1967: I’m SGE1967, though you may know me better as…..

James Bond: Lurker. Yes, we have been aware of your activities for nearly ten years now.

SGE1967: I sincerely doubt that, 007. The methods of MI-6 are clumsy and slow. My operation is sophisticated and highly secretive.

James Bond: But you are right here in the phone book. See? Lurker, Sofa Player, Doncaster, Yorkshire, DN1.

SGE1967: You are having me on then. I’m in the phone book?

James Bond: Yes, right here between Lurch and Lex Luthor.

SGE1967: Well, be that as it may. Please have a seat, anywhere, and then we can discuss business.

James Bond: It’s hard to know where to sit. You have so many couches

SGE1967: Please, Mr. Bond. These are sofas, not couches. I am Lurker after all, the infamous Master Sofa Player of the dark underworld.

James Bond: Right, I must argue then. That over there is a sofa, admittedly. And that houndstooth jobbie beyond that as well. But this here is a couch.

SGE1967: They are sofas. All of them, sofas.

James Bond: The one you are seated in, it’s a loveseat at best!!

SGE1967: You are stalling for time, 007. What’s your game, exactly? Are there a platoon of Commandos beyond that door, ready to break in at your utterance of a secret code word via a tiny electronic transmitter located in the heel of your shoe?

James Bond: No, it’s just me, and I have no code words or transmitters. I was out for a drive, and I thought I would drop in for a visit, to see what’s shaking in the North country.

SGE1967: Are you in the Aston Martin DB5 today?

James Bond: No, sadly it’s a Ford Taurus.

SGE1967: Is it the SHO edition at least, 365 hp twin-turbocharged?

James Bond: No. Base model. Four cylinder, 2.0 Liter EcoBoost.

SGE1967: That’s tragic. Times are that hard down there in the Civil Service?

James Bond: It’s worse than that. The car is from the motor pool, and I have to have it back to Q Branch by four directly.

SGE1967: Well, we had better get down to business then. Would you like a drink, perhaps?

James Bond: I thought you would never ask! Would you happen to have a vodka martini, shaken, not stirred, at precisely -7º Centigrade?

SGE1967: No. I only have some Boddingtons beers. And one or two Newcastles.

James Bond: That’ll have to do. I would be grateful for a Newcastle, and maybe a sandwich. I’m famished.

SGE1967: I haven’t been to the market yet today. I do have some Walkers crisps. I only opened the bag yesterday.

James Bond: That would be delightful.

SGE1967: Do you mind if we retire to the kitchen table then? I wouldn’t want to get crumbs and beers stains on any of my sofas, couches, or loveseats.

James Bond: A messy proposition indeed.

SGE 1967: Exactly!

;)

View attachment 873509

Outstanding. Made my morning! :)

Ronkirn

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
UK and very much a sofa player

IS that a thing in the UK?? What is the Sofa made of.. can it breathe? Is it reliced. . what's that puppy weight? ?? :p

Welcome to the forum ... Plug it, put the beer in the 'fridge and rock on..

r