I love my Squier Standard!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by el cheapo, Feb 8, 2015.

1. TampaMan

TampaMan TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

IF YOU CAN FIND THEM!

I got this 'blonde' 2017 in December last year as an Xmas present to myself. Yes, the color looks like something I coughed up this morning but it was, for me, am ideal guitar (photo below is color corrected in Photoshop).

It set up easily but the tone knob was useless and needed replacement (a common complaint for this model). It had the rosewood fret board which I prefer over laurel. The pickups were great to my ears. It had everything I wanted and needed in an electric guitar.

Broke my heart to sell it, I was and still am too broke to keep it. And still brokenhearted!

Paid $125 off Craigslist. I haven't seen one since on CL nor FB Marketplace, let alone ebay, for anything less than $249 new.

Squier Tele Std.png

2. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I had one, and honestly, it replaced my Am Pro in the number one spot.. I was surprised that it did sound and feel really good.. But I had to move it on as I was moving to another country and kept the Am pro for investment purposes.. I still miss my Squier Standard.. The stock pickups were too hot indeed, but I lowered it down, and viola, twang city.. Ive always been a fan of the 62 and the 62 pickups, and that was the only mod I want to do, well, second mod is to replace the tuners with vintage klusons but I never got to do both!

I've been on the hunt ever since as a second back up to my 62.. but I cant find one in my most favorite color these came with.. CAR.. I cant even find one in the Black and Chrome edition! If a CAR one ever go up for sale, Id grab it right away.

[​IMG]

It also has the nicest rosewood board Ive ever played

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Tele-Afflicted

pls confirm my friends;
    the stock pickups are too hot for a vintage tele sound but if im looking for a more modern tele sound the stock pickups are good?

thanks

4. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I never had a problem with mine doing modern stuff, with delays, reverb, ambient sounds, etc etc etc

leonard d rock likes this.
  5. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

I wouldn't change the pickups in the standard. Yes, they are a bit hot for vintage sounds, but for everything else this is what you might bee looking for...

leonard d rock likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.