1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I Love My Goodsell But...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by mickeydean, Mar 18, 2016.

1. mickeydean

mickeydean Friend of Leo's

I just wish the reverb was stronger. Is there an easy way to accomplish this like switching out the reverb pan?

2. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Hey stranger! Can't help with your 'verb but wanted to say that the TK Imperial you hooked me up with is still singing like a bird. Sent it to Baltimore a while ago and Mark gave it its 22yr old check-up and replaced some caps. Good for another 20!

I'm sure some of these amazing amp guys will pop in with some advice. Thanks Mickey, hijack is over.

3. mickeydean

mickeydean Friend of Leo's

Hi Mick! Those Tone King amps are amazing and Mark is just the best!

4. justin.ramsey

justin.ramsey Tele-Holic

Is it tube driven? If so try swapping in a higher gain reverb tube might work for you or it might distort.

5. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

My goodsell just has trem, but love it to death. Have a stomp for my Reverb needs..
    Maybe you could go to long spring vs short, or 3 spring vs 4. Or change rev
    send or return tube.

6. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The reverb circuit in the Goodsell is different than a typical Fender it is a lot more subtle.
    You could check w the builder, I don't think just changing a tube or spring unit would make a lot of difference.

7. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Ask Richard Goodsell what he suggests. He changed his reverb circuit design a few years ago. I sent my Custom 33 to him and he dialed in the circuit and traded out the tank. It was surf city after that. He's a great guy and clearly knows more about Goodsell amps than anyone on the planet. Send him an e-mail - he'll fix you up.

LordByron likes this.
  8. LordByron

LordByron Tele-Meister

Just call Richard (Goodsell). He is super friendly and has always been willing to help a customer out. If there is a way to get you there, I have no doubt he has the answer! :)

9. dickiebyrd

dickiebyrd TDPRI Member

Yes, just call me - there are several improvements depending upon the age of your amp, but if you send it to me I'll fix/mod/upgrade at no charge. Often it is only necessary to send just the chassis. My contact info is on the web site, give me a call and we'll set something up.

LordByron likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.