I love my acoustic.

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by Rich_S, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Dukex

Dukex Tele-Holic

I love acoustics, have four, each different.

I play them more than my electrics (I don't gig), but it kind of goes in cycles depending on what music I'm concentrating on at the time.

P Thought likes this.
  2. mfguitar

mfguitar Tele-Holic

That Fender is a poor man's Martin, I still have mine as well. There is just something special about an acoustic that I just love.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

1394AA8E-6E93-4F0B-8E3B-E6C2DE162C13.jpeg

I love mine, too.
    My James Goodall RCJC is the best steel string acoustic guitar I’ve ever experienced.
    My inexpensive Yamaha NTX700 is great, too.
    I’m covered!

Stubee and Random1643 like this.
  4. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Meister

A few weeks ago I bought a new acoustic guitar. Had a Taylor 214CE before for about 10 years, wasn´t bad but not what I expected from a real good acoustic sound.

I felt that I want to do a lot more acoustic things but with the actual band it´s not possible. They don´t wanna do acoustic "unplugged" gigs. So I asked some friends and we´re starting now for a 4 piece acoustic band (2 git, bass, percussion) and I´m very happy and excited.

My new acoustic is a Maestro Raffles from Singapur (solid spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides), it sounds fantastic and I love playing this guitar. Also it helps a lot to improve my singing skills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

I started off as an acoustic folkie going electric after seeing the Beatles on the Sullivan Show. After mixing it up between electric and acoustic about 20 years ago I said farewell to the electrics (except for a pair of lap steels) and returned to an all-acoustic. When I feel the urge to play electric I have a 1956 Harmony H40 with a Gibson P13 pickup mounted under the fingerboard extension and a bunch of old Dearmond pickups I can slap across soundholes. I own Gibsons, Epiphones, Harmonys, and Kays. The only thing that connects them is they are all old ranging from a 1932 Gibson L1 to a 1969 Harmony Sovereign. But you will have as much trouble getting that Harmony H40 out of my hands as you would my 1942 Gibson J50.

6. ricknbaker

ricknbaker Tele-Holic

I have a lovely Tanglewood acoustic. I just hardly ever play it. I get complaints from 'er indoors' Turn that down' - mostly i practice with an strat / tele through headphones - and none of the stuff that i like playing seems to fit an acoustic.

I'm going to try harder.

IMG_20190711_153719.jpg

skerwo likes this.
  7. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

:lol: The answer to that question is always yes. That is the bug behind every GAS attack.

and that's when the wise man stops looking. However, when you consider that a classical, or a 12-string, or a resonator, is really a whole different instrument. . . .

I have four acoustics. Each one calls to me in a different voice, but at least one of them calls to me every day. Right now it's my old classical, of all my guitars the one I've kept the longest, and sometimes it's the 12-string, but usually it's one of the others.

C140-SH.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Dukex and JL_LI like this.
  8. Charlie Bernstein

Charlie Bernstein Poster Extraordinaire

Yup. It's not the price tag. It's the sound. Folks wonder why I sold the old D-28 and still have the old Guild. Easy. The Guild sounds better. And is just as loud.

9. 57DS

57DS TDPRI Member

As much as I love my electrics, I can't imagine not having a couple of nice acoustics around. My D-18 gets the most use, it is usually on a stand near my desk, but I prefer my D-35 which is still pristine and stays in its case. In the band, I use an Epiphone EJ200, which for the money, has been a great guitar. It stays in tune, is nearly feedback proof and sounds great and if it disappears or gets smashed up, it's not the heartbreak I would have if I lost one of the Martins.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.