I love modern technology.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I drive a Hyundai Tucson. Just loaded up for tonight’s gig.

1F9127DF-8E99-47BA-9783-EBC3CA174113.jpeg

This is an entire PA, FOH and monitors, for a four piece band. Plus all assorted stands and accoutrements. Plus my entire guitar rig- Two guitars, head, cab, and pedal board. Plus my big mic and cable bag. And the back window is still 100% unobstructed.

Thirty five years ago when I first started doing this, I’d have needed a box truck. At minimum a full sized van. So much sound comes out of such small packages these days. And everything is so much lighter. I’m grateful. And continuously more impressed with each passing generation of new stage gear.

fcmusician

TDPRI Member
HA! Ain't that the truth. Things have really gotten dialed in as far as efficiency on pretty much any musician needs. Got mine down to being packed right in the back seat of my full sized Ford 150. EV 50M PA. my ME70 pedal into that. Guitar. Small case to handle all the cable incidentals and I'm good to go.

jwp333

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
You are way more efficient than my old band. We'd take about 4 cars or SUV's worth of stuff. So you have powered speakers. What kind of mixer do you have? And you do have the mic stands in there? Half of ours had the heavy metal base, always took up packing space.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
You are way more efficient than my old band. We'd take about 4 cars or SUV's worth of stuff. So you have powered speakers. What kind of mixer do you have? And you do have the mic stands in there? Half of ours had the heavy metal base, always took up packing space.
Mic stands and speaker stands. They’re on the floor behind the front seats. And yeah, I’ve gone to powered speakers. I have a pair of JBL Eon 612’s for fronts, and a pair of the 610’s for wedges. It’s a very modular system that I can grab pieces and parts of to mix and match depending on the size of the gig. Mixer is a Yamaha 12 channel. They have best preamps, headroom, and features available for the $$ spent.

I looked at the QSC speakers. They were better sounding speakers. I could tell the difference. However that difference was negligible at best. The price difference was not. Lol.

Last edited:

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Ha! My buddy and I were just talking about what the heck he's gonna do with all those big, fat, stage speakers he's been hanging onto since the 70's and 80's. We're talkin' the big stuff like @bgmacaw has a pic of! One thought I had was getting a backhoe, dig a hole, plot cabinet in there, and make a coy pond out of em? LOL!!! Seriously... no clue what to do with the stuff. Backbreaking cabs, that's for sure. Hard to believe we toted that stuff around back in the day... makes me tired just thinkin' about it LOL!!! :lol::lol::oops:

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Ha! My buddy and I were just talking about what the heck he's gonna do with all those big, fat, stage speakers he's been hanging onto since the 70's and 80's. We're talkin' the big stuff like @bgmacaw has a pic of! One thought I had was getting a backhoe, dig a hole, plot cabinet in there, and make a coy pond out of em? LOL!!! Seriously... no clue what to do with the stuff. Backbreaking cabs, that's for sure. Hard to believe we toted that stuff around back in the day... makes me tired just thinkin' about it LOL!!! :lol::lol::oops:
Somebody has an ad up on the local FB marketplace, or CL, I forget which. Anyhow, it’s one of those huge three way 70s/80’s PA setups. And a big rack of stuff, and a mixer that looks like a dashboard from the Apollo program. Dude wants $2500 for everything and I’m just shaking my head thinking I’d give him $200, pull all the old JBL speakers, and have a bonfire with the rest of it.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Somebody has an ad up on the local FB marketplace, or CL, I forget which. Anyhow, it’s one of those huge three way 70s/80’s PA setups. And a big rack of stuff, and a mixer that looks like a dashboard from the Apollo program. Dude wants $2500 for everything and I’m just shaking my head thinking I’d give him $200, pull all the old JBL speakers, and have a bonfire with the rest of it.

Yep! A bonfire is not off the table either.... ;) The speakers were pulled and sold/traded long ago so it's really just the cabs he needs to get rid of, but yeah.... who would want em?

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
I drive a Hyundai Tucson. Just loaded up for tonight’s gig.

View attachment 971772

This is an entire PA, FOH and monitors, for a four piece band. Plus all assorted stands and accoutrements. Plus my entire guitar rig- Two guitars, head, cab, and pedal board. Plus my big mic and cable bag. And the back window is still 100% unobstructed.

Thirty five years ago when I first started doing this, I’d have needed a box truck. At minimum a full sized van. So much sound comes out of such small packages these days. And everything is so much lighter. I’m grateful. And continuously more impressed with each passing generation of new stage gear.

radtz

Tele-Holic
I ended up giving it all away via CL. I couldn't even find a charity that would take a giant PA as a donation.

Gene O.

Tele-Afflicted
Along with SVTs, Twin Reverbs, B3s, etc.