I listened to ZEPs 1st album and was aware of the fanfare

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by teleman1, Sep 16, 2019.

1. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Holic

before it came out. It was a great album, Led Zep II was good. But after that they became a 1 or two song per album band with filler. And somehow die hard Zep fans and the wanna bees like a lot of the filler too. Not me. In fact the majority of the live stuff is a bore to me.

HOWEVER, I think this might be their best live performance. No drugs, no fanfare, no undeserved worship. It does what we call, ROCKS!

ENJOY!

broadcaster, RoyBGood, DonM and 9 others like this.
  2. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Holic

Hi.

Yeah, I've always enjoyed this.

I just discovered this the other day (maybe here?). All four as backing musicians for PJ Proby in 1969. Plant is on harmonica.

Pax/
    Dean

teleman1 likes this.
  3. LowCaster

LowCaster Tele-Holic

I’m a die hard fan of Led Zep... I and II.
    Guys from my generation only saw Page with a Les Paul and believed that was the legendary tone, when it was a tele.

broadcaster, teleman1 and dlew919 like this.
  4. black_doug

black_doug Tele-Afflicted

I wore out the grooves on the II record and have respect for the talents of all four of them.

When Page got the bow out it gets too boring for me.

teleman1 and Bassman8 like this.
  5. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

When LZ I came out, me and my buddies in high school went nuts and hanged out together listening to it over and over. I bought long speaker cables and placed the stereo speakers out into the backyard, so that we could blast it over the neighborhood. Great times. It was the beginning of a new era in rock. Not saying it was better or worse, but definitely different.

teleman1, dlew919 and Bassman8 like this.
  6. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

Yep. I used to prop my speakers on the window sill, while I cut my dad's grass...……. :cool:

Two of the guys were born just along the road from me, along with bands like Black Sabbath...…. we got to see a lot of those bands before they discovered Humbuckers. ;)

7. duzie

duzie Tele-Meister

Hmm the Zoso album was mostly filler
    Who knew...

Mad Kiwi likes this.
  8. Despres

Despres Tele-Holic

I had no idea that the majority of Led Zeppelin's material was filler... With 8 studio albums and only 1 or 2 good tracks on 6 of them, that is a lot of filler!

duzie likes this.
  9. duzie

duzie Tele-Meister

More filler lol

10. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Zeppelin 3 and physical graffiti were great albums too. I've never really got into their live stuff. I like a few songs they did live in the early days but their live versions of the studio stuff was pretty sloppy. I also miss the additional guitars that are missing in the live versions of the studio songs.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  11. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Holic

Look guys, I said I am not the fan you are, I was there, lived it and Yawned. They were very good, but so were 20 other bands.Their stardom was largely undeserved when you compare them to other bands, just as good, who never got the fanfare. Hey, I still can't figure out why Brittany Spears is so popular. Glad to be your cup of Coffee and get your blood flowing. Lets just say, so you understand, I have JEFF BECK SYNDROME. It is terrible. Some like to call it the perspective disease.

12. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I’ve always liked that performance.

13. teleman1

teleman1 Tele-Holic

Yes, those were days so special. Me and 3 or 4 four other friends planned an evening around laying on our backs, lights out, great stereo system and that days release, THICK AS A BRICK. What a trip. Imagine that now, young folks listening to an album with undivided attention. I'd guess it is close to never. If they listened its just blasting in the back round and it is nothing specific. We cherished, waited, New Zep ALbum, Traffic, Tull, Humble Pie, the list goes on. It was what was called pleasure.

14. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

I remember doing the exact same thing... entire album, no distractions. Good times.

duzie, teleman1 and aging_rocker like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.