I like reading tutorials better than watching them.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
Me too. There are a few things that benefit from a short video but most real information is better conveyed in text (& pictures) imho. And so many YouTubers have just no sense of timing, and apparently no awareness of the possibility of editing!!

mindlobster

Tele-Afflicted
Part of my work is to write music technology tutorials, and I love doing it. I've never enjoyed making tutorial videos, even though I use Final Cut Pro to edit my own movies. I don't like watching tutorial videos - it's not the best way to deliver everything, and on top of that, most of them are poorly made and annoying to watch!

maxvintage

Poster Extraordinaire
The signal to noise ratio is more and more often really terrible. I assume that this is because YouTube monetizes based on the length of time people stay. There's twenty minutes of grabass for 3 minutes of info. It's either that or it's that people are lonely and longing for community, event the fake commuity of, say, two bro's pretending to be friends talkin' 'bout pedals. Probably it's both.

As a impatient curmudgeon, I routinely skip or set it to play at two times normal speed