I like music. I don't want it everywhere

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Flat6Driver, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's

Last year at Xmas time, I went in a Target, and with all the Christmas stuff around, I felt it did not feel Christmassy. I then realized there was no music. None at all. I ask an employee and they said a couple employees complained they found it hard to concentrate with Christmas music playing. Others wanted it. So the powers above decided no music at all.

2. Jim622

Jim622 Friend of Leo's

That’s why I still listen to CDs.

3. Recce

Recce Friend of Leo's

Stay out of the Nashville Airport. But, on the other hand there are so many good musicians in Nashville the folks playing in the airport are good.

4. Doctorx33

Doctorx33 Tele-Afflicted

Go to ACE hardware. The last time I was in one of those I heard Limelight by Rush.

5. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Afflicted

Did you have the sudden urge to pick up some LED's? Hah

[​IMG]

Digital Larry likes this.
  6. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

I dont mind constantly listening to music... if i like it and its varied but that never happens on the radio or in a store. Im glad where I work doesnt play music, the last place did and it was all 80s pop. But its only a few weeks away till they dig out the 'Now thats what I call christmas' album and Ill have to listen to that same album again and again and again up until boxing day.

7. Marquee Moon

Marquee Moon Tele-Meister

Maybe if they played some sabbath and I could build things, I would I would go there more. What makes them think abunch of contractors want to hear michelle branch anyway?

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

See, I'd like that. I HATE Christmas music. I spent Christmas in Japan and it was great! Japan is <1% Christian so they don't do Christmas, although there is a weird thing about KFCs there.

[​IMG]

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

+1 Beat me to it. Same here, as a Harley rider, I can't imagine anything better than the beautiful tones of a Harley exhaust while riding.

The only music I listen to nowadays is old blues stuff that I am embracing, plus an assortment of stuff that Mrs. Obsessed listens too, but understands my limits.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    JeffBlue likes this.
  10. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

If you figure out that magic clicker, can I get one for the people on their cell phones? Maybe one with a mild (sub lethal) electric shock?

11. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

If it’s good music that I like, then yes, everywhere...

12. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

times like these make me grateful for J.S. Bach

that sh*t never gets old: it's like instant teleport to inside Mr Super Music Brain

air freshener for yo ears

Vanzant likes this.
  13. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted

When I was unemployed (or even sometimes when I wasn't) I'd go hang out at the local Starbuck's for a few hours so I was at least mingling with other human beings on a regular basis. Of course they played the same music every day. It wasn't just one CD... seemed like it was maybe 4 or 5 on a shuffle mode changer.

My mental image of those days is:

hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm LOSING MY RELIGION hmmm hmmm hmm hmmm LOSING MY RELIGION

etc. It was all fairly non descript except for LOSING MY EFFING RELIGION which I quickly grew to despise and ultimately stopped going there because of it.

14. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

Stop that infernal racket and get off my lawn!!!

15. Boil

Boil Tele-Holic

Are we allowed to talk about body parts?

16. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I like it when I encounter a song playing, but where I can't hear everything clearly. I often wind up creating my own song just by shifting the beat and making a new melody out of the fragments that I do hear. Happens all the time to me.

What I don't appreciate is football game day in my university town. We live about a mile from the stadium, so there is a ton of tailgating going on. Lately, the subs have gotten louder and we can feel the beat in the house all day long. The music isn't necessarily louder, it's just that the bass rattles the windows. Oh yeah, I also don't like drunk 19-year olds going "Whooooo!" at 5-minute intervals.

Bassman8 and 24 track like this.
  17. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

I work in a retail outlet ,and the musaK is on a 2hr loop, same songs over and over ,and over ...some I used to like ,I wont even play a radio any more, period , I have a large CD collection of stuff I want to hear , but I find I listen to things that inspire me more than commercial crap thats puked out to the masses , but I have to say it does give me the oportunity to piece my own songs to gether while I Zone out the back ground drivel.

and dont get me started on the christmas crap tunes, I do believe it is designed to provoke people to become ruder than they are through out the rest of the year,LOL

Asmith likes this.
  18. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Well since what they mainly play now is just a racket to me I don't really like it playing either plus...

I often walk around places humming, or singing a song to myself, quietly. It helps me out. People probably think I'm crazy, if they hear me, but I really don't care. It helps, so I do it. If they have something blaring that 1. I HATE or 2. I don't know, it can just be distracting and make it hard to do my own song thing.

Now if they are playing really good music then that changes the whole story because I can sort of zone out to music I like.

19. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

I can't stand commercials that feel they hafta have that stupid disco drumbeat that sounds like someone is building a house in the background.
    Sometimes I actually envy the deaf...they live in a world of blessed silence. About 50% of everything (not just music) I hear on a daily basis really aggravates me.

20. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted

I was waiting at the vet with one of my hens , until he opened up at 4pm .
    A couple of constuction workers were there as well doing their job on the outside of that building .

After half an hour pure disco hell out of an ghetto blaster I was ready to kick that damn thing all over the place .
    I finally turned the volume down half way without asking

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.