I like building tele's and I cannot lie...

trevorus

Tele-Meister
Just getting back into this forum, wanting to show off a couple of partscasters I've put together in recent years...

GrW43ey.jpg

iSQMZS2.jpg

wwmE9WQ.jpg

I also have a 2019 Fender Electron Green tele body on the way... I think I have a problem.

trevorus

Tele-Meister
So, the Mother of Bowling ball one is a Guitar Fetish body from a while back, and a maple neck built by some builder that my old boss at the guitar shop ordered. It didn't quite fit the project, so it sat around until I put it all together. A friend bought me the Callaham bridge on it for a present, and the pickups are David Allen Specials. 250K pots, Electrosocket jack plate, Schaller locking tuners. It turned into one of the coolest guitars I've ever owned.

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Are the pickups on the light blue one and the sunburst the same?
What are they and describe how they sound - looking for HB rout pickup for the neck in a build.
Great stuff BTW!

TX_Slinger

Tele-Holic
They are GFS Power Rails. Gfs body as well. They’re pretty kickin.
I have those in my LP-ish guitar used for metal. Interesting choice. Did you split them or anything to tame them or you use them at full steam? Not judging if you use them in a Tele for metal :lol:

trevorus

Tele-Meister
I have those in my LP-ish guitar used for metal. Interesting choice. Did you split them or anything to tame them or you use them at full steam? Not judging if you use them in a Tele for metal :lol:
I did do a coil split on it, but I have even played a church gig with it, no real problems. They hit pretty hard, but running it with the right amp setup makes some sweet noises.

Currently the neck from it is on the snot green tele, so I have a roasted maple neck on the way for it, and I might try a different pickup config to see how she works with something a bit more polite.