I knew it ! (Drum circles...) What’s next ? Sitting immobile on the couch ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Did you post this earlier today on Facebook?

2. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Has to be California? What do they put in the water there?o_O

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Drum circles started way, way before hippies. Just sayin'

4. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Holic

not enough handicap parking for drum circles around here
    but we do have laughing group therapy
    has the same effect

[​IMG]

Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've never seen a drum circle or a laughing group therapy session other than in movies. I think these people must just watch too much TV.

At one point in time I smoked often and never once had an urge to start or join a drum circle.

6. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Tele-Meister

I spent a lot of time hanging out near the fridge, no drums involved whatsoever.:cool:

Chunkocaster likes this.
  7. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Several years ago, a developer was seeking a rezone in our small town of 1,000 (inside of Iowa City, called University Heights). We didn't have much commercial business in town, but could go a few blocks outside of town to find whatever we needed in Iowa City. One reason for the development was that it could provide a space for the public to congregate. One woman almost killed the deal by saying that her husband and his drum circle friends would really like having a space to play every week or whenever. Oh yeah! Good idea! How about a Municipal Drum Circle, maybe with uniforms.

Her husband has held a job for the 20 years we've had them as neighbors across the street. But he sures seems to put a lot of time into stupid, non-productive activities. In particular, he loves his Halloweens, and goes all out every year. During the city council meetings, his wife kept up the drum circle idea, and told a tale of woe of having to travel 5-6 blocks to get coffee. Whoa, what a hardship! For these reasons, she wanted to rezone a church property for a proposed strip mall and condo development. It was a contentious battle that went on for a few years. During that time the wife would write letters to the newspaper, under a pseudonym of Goethe (her dissertation topic), criticising the "silverbacks" who resisted change.

A few years ago I posted about a neighbor's house seeming to be painted pink one weekend. Argh, we panicked. This was "Goethe's" house. Ultimately, we learned that the pink was primer, and now we have a nice chocolate brown house. In addition to that stupid development. No drum circles materialized, and no coffee shops either. The husband's drum circle continues its adventures in downtown Iowa City, in Stoner Square (I kid). But you never know. Maybe if she gets her coffee shop, the drum circle buddies might congregate?

Good times.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  8. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I went through a lot of drumsticks in the warmer months back then. Joining a drum circle would have been too tiring. I didn't own any boho rugs to wear to the sessions anyway.:)

[​IMG]

aging_rocker likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.