I just purchased "enter artist name here" signature model. Why??

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ronzhd, Mar 23, 2019.

1. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Afflicted

I really like the look of the Avril Lavigne Tele (or is it an Esquire Custom?) - the checker board p/g & one h/b. However, I DON't like the fact that it is an Avril Lavigne signature guitar. Does that make sense?

studio1087 and Chino like this.
  2. Chino

Chino Tele-Meister

Makes sense to me lol. By the way, I named my AVRI ‘52 Tele “AVRIL.” :)

3. Sleepyscholar

Sleepyscholar Tele-Meister

Makes complete sense to me, too, as I feel the same way. I feel similarly about the Fernandes Hotei Tomoyasu signature model.

4. CharlieO

CharlieO Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I buy guitars because they suit my needs and my taste. If it happens to be a signature model, apparently the person whose name is on the guitar has the same taste that I do. I also don't modify my guitars. I look for the one with the right neck, pickups, color, etc. With so many variations of Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, 335s and other models, it isn't difficult to find what I want, with or without a signature.

I own what could be called a Muddy Waters Martin (1961 OO-18E), an Epiphone Nancy Wilson Nighthawk (No, it's not the same as the Gibson and doesn't have her signature, but she did help to design it), an Epiphone Nancy Wilson Les Paul Ultra II (again, no signature but she helped to design it and endorsed it), and a bunch of other guitars that were designed without the input of anyone famous, as far as I know. At the present time, there isn't a signature model guitar out there that I covet, but if I wanted another Martin I probably would buy a used OOO-28EC. It doesn't matter that it is a signature model, I just like it.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.