I just discovered the electric toothbrush!

TwangyWhammy

Friend of Leo's
No I don't mean I invented it… I just finally gave in and gave it a go.

First time these things came out, I lumped it together with all the gimmicky things you'd find in the toothbrush isles at the supermarket. I've made up my mind never ever to use an electric took brush because they are just stupid (being the open minded person that I am), lol.

But when my daughter came to visit one day, I noticed her using one and she told me that my son (both live out of town) had been using one too. So I got curious…

Wow, what an amazing thing, I just love using it. In fact, when I get bored I go and brush my teeth just for the fun of it, haha. Scary, I know!! :lol:

- -

Hmmm, I wonder if it would work well to clean the bridge saddles on my Teles?? :confused: :eek: :twisted:

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I've been using a SonicCare for quite a few years now, and it definitely does a better job than a standard toothbrush.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Wheeeh, I though OH BOY this is gonna be one of THOSE threads. Glad you cleared that up! I like an electric toothbrush for brushing my electric teeth.

imwjl

Doctor of Teleocity
Wheeeh, I though OH BOY this is gonna be one of THOSE threads. Glad you cleared that up! I like an electric toothbrush for brushing my electric teeth.

Let's hope no one gets carried away saying the 2014 electric toothbrush doesn't stack up against their 1992 model.

Slow Reflexes

Poster Extraordinaire
I've been using a SonicCare for quite a few years now, and it definitely does a better job than a standard toothbrush.
I destroyed my gums with a normal brush, and haven't had any further recession since I caved and spent the money on the Sonicare (after much nagging from my dentist). It's not just a ridiculous money grab for the lazy, like I assumed... much different than the cheesey stuff of yesteryear.

Frodebro

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
You have to listen to this while using your new toothbrush:

reverbbb

Friend of Leo's

Same here. Since SonicCare has a timed indicator, I brush for a full two minutes. In my previous life, I might be exaggerating if I said I brushed over 45 seconds. My teeth get so much cleaner. There is no way I would be able to stroke a manual toothbrush 62,000 times in two minutes.

Malacoda

Tele-Meister
SoniCare ftw. When I go to the dentist for regular cleanings/checkups he always comments on how there's almost no plaque and that my teeth are really clean. I'm always surprised he says that because I just use a SoniCare brush, but am not doing anything out of the ordinary beyond that.

My daughter (6 years old) has a cool electric toothbrush that plays "We Will Rock You" by Queen, complete with ending guitar outro solo. :twisted:

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
do you use it like an Ebow?... it'd keep your strings clean, I suppose....;)

don't know how toothpaste will go on the finish though after a furious set.. :)

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Sonicare and refills at Costco. Anyone with periodontal issues will swear by them. Floss, Proxy Brushes and lots of time with the electric toothbrush and Colgate Total.

TwangyWhammy

Friend of Leo's
Same here. Since SonicCare has a timed indicator, I brush for a full two minutes. In my previous life, I might be exaggerating if I said I brushed over 45 seconds. My teeth get so much cleaner. There is no way I would be able to stroke a manual toothbrush 62,000 times in two minutes.

I thought I did a pretty good job through the years using my usual brush. First time I used the electric one, the froth I spat out looked like mochachino! :oops:

Now look how clean they are… see! :D

lol