I just bought two new American special Teles

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by GuitarGuy43113, Jan 10, 2011.

1. scat4me

scat4me Tele-Afflicted

He couldn't afford 3 :D

2. GuitarObsession

GuitarObsession Tele-Meister

This whole story is beyond fishy. Seriously, the OP bought 2 Amer Specials, but received 3??? So, Musicians Friend just accidentally sent him an extra?? Musicians Friend isn't in the habit of giving away guitars, and if you didn't realize that you paid for 3 guitars instead of 2...you've got MUCH more serious issues.

I'd just like to see some of them...hell, just ONE of them! :lol: You've got several guitars listed on your profile page, and apparently you have a MySpace page with pics.

I'm not in the habit of calling people out, but this is just crazy. And what's the purpose of making this story up? Just to get a new thread going and being a troll to try and stir something up?

Honestly, post some pics so I can apologize and wish you nothing but the best. But at this point it just seems like childish games being played. Whatever floats your boat i guess...just kind of sad. :rolleyes:

3. Lonesome Dave

Lonesome Dave TDPRI Member

I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but you wouldn't post photos of your guitars on this forum (if you were able to) because you'd be afraid that someone would come to your house and steal them, if they knew what you had? Please explain how a potential guitar thief would learn your address from posted photographs.

The OP stated on January 11 that photos of his two new Telecasters were forthcoming - I would assume this to mean that he does have the capability to upload pictures to this forum. He allegedly received his two - no, three! - American Specials on March 7, giving him seven days to this date in which to post photos.

Again, just waiting to see them.....

4. minmei

minmei TDPRI Member

I totally agree with what the OP is saying, backups are really nice and a lifesaver.

It must be awesome to own 3 . . .

however it seems that this is quickly going into drama / prove it thread / better than yours / IBTL kinda thread. Musicians Friend deals with thousands if not millions of orders. Its human to make mistakes.

My brother works at best buy, and there are alot more mistakes inventory and order wise.

5. franchelB

franchelB Friend of Leo's

It's the internet. I just think that if someone is determined enough, they could get information on anyone...my personal opinion.
    Having said that, I still don't see what the big deal about uploading pics of the guy's Teles. Either he has these guitars, and he doesn't want to show the pics, OR he doesn't have it...and neither answer bother me in the least. My question is why would anyone get on the TDPRI, and talk about not just "Teles", but "American Special" Teles if he didn't even have it in the first place?
    Now I'm not saying I believe the OP, but I can't say I don't believe him either...I'm more like "2 or 3 A.S. Teles for $XXX? Uh cool! NEXT!!"

6. Mfisher

Mfisher Tele-Meister

What does it matter..just take the guy this word. This place can be pretty critical..congrats on the new guitars man

7. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Geotagging
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geotagging

Unfortunately, it is easy to tell where photos are taken because of the data that is actually embedded in them.

8. Hack On Wheels

Hack On Wheels Tele-Meister

Are you serious? Give it a rest already. Unless you are actually the official interwebs police, in which case please carry on the good work.

9. iblastoff

iblastoff Banned

geotagging is completely optional and can obviously be turned off. most cameras don't even have gps on it anyway.

anyway, this is just paranoia at work. if you're able to talk about your gear publicly on an internet forum then you probably don't really care that much about people knowing you have this stuff.

10. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Good point, but most photos are taken by cell phones, and most users don't know it is even tagging photos.

11. TC6969

TC6969 Friend of Leo's

If you're gonna be a bear, by God be a grizzly!

12. GuitarGuy43113

GuitarGuy43113 Tele-Meister

Wow, 20 posts and you pull out the BS card. Classy man.

ETA: and five of your posts are in this thread, 25% of your time on TDPRI has been questioning my integrity.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  13. GuitarGuy43113

What the heck, checking up on Myspace now? What is the point of that? Seriously WTH?

And for the record, half the guitars I have on Myspace have been sold over the past decade.

14. GuitarGuy43113

Sorry, work has been hell lately and I haven't had a chance to post pics. My fault completely and I apologize. I never thought it would create this much of a problem.

15. GuitarGuy43113

For the naysayers, left to right: American Standard double fat strat, American Standard tele, AS tele, AS tele, LP Traditional, LP traditional, and a Japanese strat on the floor. These were the easiest to get to. The third AS tele is currently at the shop getting a setup. I am sure most will think that makes me a liar.

[​IMG]

Closeup of the teles and Fat Strat.
    [​IMG]

Blurry close up of the LP's, didn't realize the photo was bad until after I uploaded. Too ticked off to retake right now so deal with it.
    [​IMG]

In the past two months I have owned more, some new and some used. I am a chronic guitar swapper and at any time have more or fewer guitars. To use past posts as "evidence" would be wrong as I had other guitars at the time. I also own more right now but was in a hurry to get the pics up on my day off.

I want to thank this forum for the kind welcome I have received, some of you were really great to talk to, others have been just plain rude. Sorry I was busy and it took a while to post these.

16. GuitarGuy43113

The first two were ordered In January, the white one was sent, the sunburst was back ordered. I called a few weeks later to make sure the order wasn't canceled and the sales guy thought I wanted to add another. I thought I had it cleared up but was wrong, and two sunburst were delivered recently. They don't charge your card until they ship so I wasn't aware. I also received a second confirmation email for my new "order", I thought it was for the first, turns out it was for the second sunburst. My fault, as I should have canceled the order. The mix up was on both our ends, but it did happen.

Had I wanted to troll I could think of better options. Unbelievable.

17. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

Let's see those apologies, I won't believe them until I see them. :p

To you guys giving him a hard time. It's not like he said "I just picked up 3 original 53 telecasters" or something. Why would someone lie about having having 3 american specials? If they need to lie about that, that's on them but I can't think of any reason a person would. If you spend more time here you will see guys with 5 or more of the same models.

18. GuitarObsession

GuitarObsession Tele-Meister

Ok Vaughn. I sincerely apologize.

After I made the post I felt bad. Seriously, I'm not the type to stir up stuff. I must have been in a bad mood or something. It definitely doesn't excuse the post though.

Congrats on the new guitars. It sounds like you know what you're looking for and I hope you found it. I wish you nothing but the best with your new toys.

Hopefully we can chalk this up to an extreme lack of good judgement on
    my part.

19. Shorecaster

Shorecaster Tele-Holic

Not So Fast.....

I wanna see todays newspaper in the picture and your initials scratched into the surfaces just to prove they are yours! Receipts would be helpful too..

Thanks.

:p:p:p:p

20. franchelB

franchelB Friend of Leo's

Nice "stuff"!

Dude,
    No need to apologize...especially to me. Personally, I think it's hilarious! And as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter if you show the pics or not...the LAST thing I need is to be jealous of everybody else's stuff.
    Take care. :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.