I Just Ate a Whole Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Bar

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by e-merlin, Oct 31, 2012.

1. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Just to be clear. You think baseball and American football are to sport what Hershey's is to real chocolate?

2. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

Yup - both are only consumed by people who grew up with and were able to develop the taste for them because they didn't have the proper stuff.

And in any country where people have a choice they always prefer the less "processed" stuff - ie real football.

Actually, baseball is not too bad. I was thinking mainly of "football" and, particularly, basketball. Baseball is kind of like Oreo - not as good as a chocolate digestive but ok now and then.

3. Carlsson

Carlsson Tele-Holic

The white Toblerone is even better.

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

*Shudder* ... I mean I suppose diversity in chocolate lovin'.

My problem with Toblerone bars is that even the one called "dark chocolate" has milk products in it. I'm not exactly lactose intolerant, but everyone has a limit as to how much lactose they can handle at one time, so I stick to chocolate without milk. You have to real them labels!

5. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

We don't eat much candy in our house, but my wife loves a bit of dark chocolate once in a while. After watching a film about the abuse of people at the bottom of the chocolate industry she only buys Fair Trade chocolate now. Me, I just try not to eat it.

(But when my blood sugar drops quickly due to exercise, a Snickers bar revives me fast!)

6. scrapyardblue

We're gonna have to disagree about football, and I actually am not a fan of basketball at the pro level myself. Maybe we could have a spirited discussion over a beer someday, but not on the chocolate thread. As you say, Cheers.

7. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Friend Humpster, I seem to recall a period of time in the early 40's when a Hershey bar shared between a Yank and a Brit was a treasured moment...might not have been the proper stuff but it was gold at the time.
    Best regards my brother!

8. sir humphrey

Yup - and as I said earlier I love most things about the US, it's just your choc and sport that sucks. On a global scale, that's not too bad. ;-)

9. sir humphrey

Oh, and your beer ;-)

10. scrapyardblue

There you go again. Our beer? Are you kidding? You better come across the pond and do some more testing. You think all we drink is Bud Light and Miller Lite?

11. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

I've been to the States and can vouch that there are definitely some great beers. Sadly they don't seem to leave your shores ever. Only gnats' piss like Bud makes it over here unfortunately!

12. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

My daughter and her mother as well as every other female in my family have always been chocoholics, they made me something of an expert on the subject. Sure, they will accept Hershey's but prefer the more expensive varieties. Though I don't care for it all that much, you would think what I spend on the confection each year an exaggeration! I'm on a first name bases at a couple of See's outlets in two states.:eek:

13. big-daddy-59

big-daddy-59 Tele-Holic

Try Sharffen Berger chocolate- which, despite the german sounding name, is indeed American.

http://www.scharffenberger.com/

14. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

I sometimes dip Hershey's Kisses in hot fudge.

15. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

We have the choices. "Real football" here is mostly consumed by our immigrant population.

16. tele salivas

tele salivas Poster Extraordinaire

Sir Humphrey is wrong in so many ways, and yet, I agree with him 100%.
    Having said that , some Toblerone would be pretty damn tasty. Been off booze and smack for 7 years now. Though I do enjoy a good bottle of Scotch now and then, chocolate has been a great friend.

17. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

My mother, who died, this time last year , died from Diabetes Type 2. As a result I have to cut out sugar at excessive levels , as you have just done.She had Glaurcoma since the 70's and ended up blind. Her last joy was reading. Please be careful.I have been advised by my doctor to keep my sugar levels low, including carbohydrates, fried chips etc.Because she went blind, I have blood tests 4 times a year. Be careful with your health over 50. Like all of us , we want to enjoy our retirement. Please avoid doing that chocolate thing. JMHO

18. Markdett

Markdett Tele-Meister

When I got sober, I too went through the ice cream phase, and the candy phase. Sad to say, American chocolate, at least the mass produced stuff, just doesn't compare. As a son of an American serviceman in Germany, I experienced German, Austrian, Belgian, Swiss, Dutch and English chocolates. The little German pastry shop in the village near where we lived was stocked with amazing confections, pastries, and treats I never had seen in Tucson or Roswell. Some 40 years after coming back to the US, I still visit a German deli near us for some pastries, Schwartau jams and jellies, and Euro chocolates when I can.

19. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I must admit that even Japanese chocolate kicks butt on Hershey's or Nestle's. I still loves me some Snickers Bar, though!

20. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Mmmm Japanese soy-sauce-flavoured Kit Kat bars!

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.