1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I have weird dreams

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Throttleneck, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Throttleneck

Throttleneck Tele-Afflicted

I mean really weird. Last week I had one that was set sometime in the future in outer space. I was on a ship that propelled itself through space by singing in harmony with the universe.

I have a series of dreams I have had since I was a teenager. In one set I am a thief in the future where everyone lives in cities in the sky and drive cars that fly.

In another I am a college professor at a university somewhere rural in the Northeast. In each dream someone dies and I have to solve the murder.

Last night I had a dream where I was in a museum but you got around in the museum by swimming from display to display. It was shallow and the bottom of the "pool" was the blue stone you see in aquariums. All the museum displays were of live people reading in various bucolic settings.

But even better I had a dream last night about a musical. The musical was about a guy who wanted to be the next great American author but was stuck writing songs for advertising commercials.

The musical opened with a song that went like this:

Did Thomas Pynchon ever have to write a jingle
    Extolling the virtues of singles who mingle
    Or selling savory bread lacking any nutrition
    How to remove unwanted hair without beautician?

Sadly, I can't remember the rest. But the above has been stuck in my head since I got up. I just had to share.

Anyone else want to share odd or unusual dreams. :)

2. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Dude! you need to write that musical! It sounds like it could be the next producers!

Yes, I have had occasional weird, vivid dreams since as long as I can remember. One of the most vivid was where I and good friend (in real life) were US soldiers in WW2. we were behind German lines living in a Farm house. The farmer and his family hid us and acted normally. Cows milked, hay put up, hogs slaughtered, etc. We were on the trail of a double agent who was selling us out. We had trailed him from the countryside all the way to a city, I know not which one, mostly by train (I have never been to Deutschland). We could only see glimpses of him here and there. He was constantly smoking. We finally trailed him into a public toilet. in the last stall of a dimily lit bathroom we saw a wisp of smoke rising to the ceiling. My buddy ran to the stall and kicked in the door. a smoking cigarette was sticking filter end into a huge mound of excrement. I looked at my friend. He shrugged and I awoke. I had that dream in 1994 and retelling it for some reason gives me goose flesh and quickens my pulses.

3. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

All my dreams lately seem to contain people I went to High School with and haven't kept up contact. That was a l-o-o-o-o-n-g time ago. They are still weird dreams, though. No basis in any kind of reality. I obviously have some unresolved issues around High School...

4. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

That's very specific even for a lucid dream. Do you think you'll finish the song? If you want to get more you could always try Salvador Dali's "Slumber with a key" technique:

5. Throttleneck

The song was just before I woke up. I knew I would forget it if I didn't do something so I repeated it to myself until I had it down. I like to regale my wife with stories of my odd dreams. I knew she would get a kick out of this one.

The funny thing is I don't write lyrics. I have always wanted to but I just never seem to get it done.

Maybe this is my sub-consciousness's way of saying get to work. :)

6. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

You can walk on Mars if you have the special shoes. They took mine away when they locked me up. I overcame a guard and took his shoes. All set to get clear. But when I tried to put on the shoes, they were only 3" long. Now what?

I like to read in bed. I fell asleep and ended up staring into the reading light. Always a weird dream when that happens.

7. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

I dreamed I was in a Hollywood movie
    And that I was the star of the movie
    This really blew my mind
    The fact that me an overfed long haired leaping gnome
    Should be the star of a Hollywood movie, hmmm
    But there I was
    I was taken to a place
    The hall of the mountain kings
    I stood high by the mountain tops
    Naked to the world
    In front of
    Every kind of girl
    There was long one's, tall ones, short ones, brown ones,
    Black ones, round ones, big ones, crazy ones
    Out of the middle, came a lady
    She whispered in my ear
    Something crazy
    She said,

Spill the wine, take that pearl

I can't tell you how many times I've got to use this on a I have strange dream threads. Eric and I thank you.:lol:

8. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

Bob Dylan is your dream script writer.

9. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

I not only dream on color, I often dream with soundtracks. And the casting director is a riot.

10. tiskit86

tiskit86 Friend of Leo's

Dude, you're stealing from Bowie in your sleep.

11. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

LOL! :lol: "It's all part of your Freaky Dream!"

Wear the eye patch!

12. Throttleneck

Great minds think alike?

No, it must be the Freaky Dream!

13. Joe-Bob

Joe-Bob Doctor of Teleocity

I have dreams about the future from time to time. I don't think that's particularly unusual.

The creepy part is when you're going about your day, and one of the dreams comes true! :eek:

That's happened to me lotsa times. :confused:

14. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I have had some pretty far out dreams in my time, but lately I have began having mundane dreams in minute detail, but there always a clue it's not real. The other night, I dreamed that I had forgotten to put a stick in the back door. It is a sliding glass door onto the patio that I always put a length of 1x board in to give it a little extra security beyond the lock on the door.

Anyway I got up to check the door, and not only was the stick not in the door, but the door was standing open and the curtain was billowing in the wind! I opened the door, took a look in the back yard, then made a pass through the house. I checked that my Tele and Jazz Bass were sitting on their stands took a look at the amps and generally gave the house a once over everything seemed fine.

About that time Toto came up to me and went over to the door wanting to go outside, then my wife's little dog Bella came to me and wanted to go out. I let them out, and I thought somethings not right, because Toto is ALWAYS by my side, yet he wasn't there when I checked the house out. Then when I went to put the stick in the door, I noticed it had some kind of green putty on it, and a hairball was lying in the floor. I thought the heck with it I'll clean the stick up tomorrow, but did throw the hairball in the trash. I then let the dogs back in, put the stick in the door and went back to bed. I remember it all clearly even to lying down and getting comfortable.

The next morning I was getting ready to tell my wife about leaving the stick out of the door, when I noticed there was nothing on the stick, no putty, nothing. Then I looked in the trash which my wife had emptied the night before and placed a clean garbage bag in it. I took the bag out of the waist basket and looked all through the empty bag, no hairball! It took me a little while to realize it had all been a dream but in such great detail except for the clues I would have never known. Weird to me.

15. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Have you ever been checked for Sleep Apnea?
    I had Dreams like that my whole life, thought it was my grand insight to the great beyond.

Turns out it was my brain being starved for Oxygen.
    Sleep Apnea can lead to Strokes.

Takes one to know one!

~ ST

16. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Paul McCartney kept a legal pad by his bed and the moment that he woke up in the night he would write down vivid parts of his dreams. These memos became lyrics to many of the Beatles biggest hits. Many people believe that some of the Beatles lyrics were influenced or enhanced by drugs when in fact the most colorful and eclectic stuff was just excerpts from Paul's dreams.

Write that stuff down. It's very interesting.

17. Joe-Bob

Joe-Bob Doctor of Teleocity

Yes, I have done that, too. I often hear music in my dreams, and have to force myself to wake up and write down the melody(s).

No, you won't remember it in the morning! :mad:

...but.....if you can get down the important part, you will recall it later. If you didn't write it down, it's gone. :(

18. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

sounds like you were on..."The Ship who Sang" is a SF novel by Anne McCaffery.. I've still got a copy here somewhere.... it was from my Dad's collection of books...

[​IMG]

19. Throttleneck

Apparently my unconscious is plagiarizing left and right!

20. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I once dreamed I was eating a giant marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was missing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.