I have too much time on my hands.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Bob M, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Bob M

Bob M Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I bought a Fender 68 PRRI in February. It’s become my #1 living room amp. I generally like the sound of the stock Celestion speaker but I have a Rajin’ Cajun in an old SC x 2 cab. So I hooked it up-
    D56F1D31-7463-4F1E-97CD-0AF4F2D2E0E9.jpeg
    The Celestion breaks up nicely but the RC has a real “Fendery” feel. The 2 sound great together. Needs more study!

Bluego1, Mark E Rhodes, BB and 3 others like this.
  2. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's

LOL!!! Man.... I too have been experimenting with speakers and sound. I've amassed quite a nice collection of speakers to do this with, even built my first speaker cab specifically for this experimentation, and my wife thinks I'm nutso!

Bluego1, guitar_paul1 and Bob M like this.
  3. guitar_paul1

guitar_paul1 Tele-Holic

Nice!
    I feel like I have less time on my hands now that I retired for some reason.
    BTW I envy the luxury of a "living room amp".

Mine are relegated to the spare bedroom.

Telekarster likes this.
  4. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

I have a Cajun in a combo, really like it. It responds well to OD but it also sounds decent at low levels when I need that too.

5. Pcs264

Pcs264 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

What I noticed first was the casters/dolly on the Princeton Reverb - never saw that before; well done!

6. Bob M

Bob M Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have a really bad back. I built dollies for my amps so I could move them in and out easily. Same reasoning as hanging guitars on the wall. I need everything to be easily accessible.

7. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

And me. I’ve been really getting into combining speakers; I’ve got a bunch of cabs. Some of my heads only have one speaker out jack and need a minimum of 8 ohms resistance so I can’t combine two of my 8s cabs in parallel. Plus, not all of my cabs have a second jack to be able to connect to another in parallel when using such a head anyway. So…I just ordered this little guy. I’ll run em in series. Have you tried something like this?
    [​IMG]

Bob M and Telekarster like this.
  8. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's

Hey that's pretty neat! I may have to pick one of these up! No, I haven't gone that far yet. Right now I'm just swapping speakers in the same cab, experimenting with Hendrix, SRV, Zappa, etc. sounds using some of the speakers they used. But I do plan on linkin' a couple of these babies up in the future! I'm GAS'ing for a Marshall Plexi but I need to sell a couple amps first, however after that I'll be working up to what you're doing ;) Cool man! Thanks for letting me know!

Bluego1 likes this.
  9. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I don't know that I've ever heard the Celestion TEN, but I have a Ragin' Cajun and I personally wouldn't describe it as Fendery.

10. randym

randym Tele-Meister

I have the Palmer version:
    [​IMG]

Bluego1 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.