1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I have not purchased a Fender guitar in 5 years!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by burntfrijoles, Dec 2, 2020.

1. carpenter

carpenter Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

1983 A strat elite.

2. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Last new Fender was a channel bound Strat in 2015. Like this a lot. Last second hand Fender was a Hot Rod Tele in 2016. Haven’t bought any guitars since then. Pretty happy with what I have. Unlikely to buy any guitars anytime soon. It’s a good place to be. I might actually be satisfied!

3. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Since i have built my own , strat and tele i haven't look at any other guitars .I had many Fender's over the years , there have all been replaceable , sometimes only to change color ... Is that a good thing ...

4. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

My last new fender guitar was my Nashville in 2012. No, it wasn’t. Tim Armstrong hellcat in 2016.

but...

Gretsch in 2015
    Squier in 2016.
    Do amps count? Blues junior tweed in 2013 and Greta in 2014.

I’d like a new telecaster, but I don’t need one.

pics?

5. Cali Dude

Cali Dude Tele-Afflicted

The last new Fender that I purchased was a Clapton vibro champ, back in 2015 I think. Prior to that, my last new Fender guitar was purchased in 1995. I have purchased G&L guitars since then. I really like USA G&L's. Last one was a 2008 ASAT Z-3 semihollow.

6. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Tele-Afflicted

I should add that although I bought that Tele 40 years ago, I sold it 38 years ago. So no pics, sorry ;)

dlew919 likes this.
  7. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

You may be correct. I had two ‘64s and really regret selling them in some ways. I was clearing out my collection and, to be honest, almost kept my white blonde 64 instead of CS 63. They are vine guitars almost indiscernible from team built custom shop models.

Fender-guy likes this.
  8. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

@burntfrijoles I might be in the same boat of having purchased my last electric guitar. Probably too soon to tell, but I certainly don't need another electric. As for the "Fender" part of the equation, I have never bought a Fender guitar, or amp, for that matter.

9. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

You don’t like the current Fender models so you might quit electric altogether?!? You limit yourself friend. Buy an oddball guitar just because it’s different. Try a new configuration(pups/construction) for the heluvit. There’s a bold new world out there man. Go explore!

10. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

LOL... am I assume you have a T-style guitar of some make or do you belong to TDPRI because of the witty conversation?

11. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Of course, the latter. The wit and wisdom of the TDPRI membership is legendary.

:twisted:

Kidding. Not that the wit & wisdom part isn't true, but I do have tele style guitars. I see your username all the time, so I guess I just assumed you had seen pics of my Logan Custom guitar collection, and connected them with me.

[​IMG]

12. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I haven't bought a new Fender since the 80s actually. I have a used MIM strat that I got in a trade for two pedals but that is my only Fender brand guitar. I don't know if that counts, but it has a really nice neck. I don't think I'll ever buy a new Fender again and who knows if I'll ever purchase another brand new guitar. I pretty much have all the guitar that I can reasonably make use of and more, and if I did buy more stuff it would be in directions Fender does not really go, like a short scale bass or a baritone, a 335, and so on.
    My Lakland '51 P style bass and my FGN T-style are so incredibly nice, much nicer than the Fender / Squier stuff I have played recently.

13. Les H

Les H Tele-Holic

Last Fender I bought was a MIA tele 12 years ago.

The last guitar I bought was a Squier Deluxe strat 5 years ago and I absolutely love that guitar. I haven't put it down since. If it was the only guitar I could have I'd be perfectly happy with that.

14. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

Last Fender guitar was my MIM FSR RC tele exactly 8 years ago this month. Other than a Grote hollowbody this year, I have only purchased acoustics since the tele. Probably done buying anymore of either.

Still have my old strat though.:D

15. Doomguy

Doomguy Tele-Meister

The only Fender product I've ever purchased was a P-Bass a few years back.

I don't think I've ever even touched a Fender six string. But I have been through my fair share of Jacksons, haha.

16. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Afflicted

Four years for me, Gibson took over. I have to say one reason is my arthritic fingers, the scale length is much easier for me, but also, and please dont feel it's a put down, it's just my feeling, that I graduated from the 'rebel rock n roller' with fender, to 'grown up' player with Gibson. That's the best way I can explain how I feel about the change

17. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

I've only purchased one new Fender guitar and that was in 2013, my 52HR. Bought a Blues Jr around then too. Pretty sure that was it for new Fender gear. What was the original question?

18. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

I've owned two actual Fender guitars in my life, none new: a Fender D'Aquisto hollow body in the late 90s and a Nashville Power Tele ca. 2006. The D'Aquisto was a beautiful jazz box I ended up selling for a tidy profit when finances got tight. I still have the Tele, sans original neck that developed an inoperable neck twist. It lives on with a replacement neck that sports an ebony board. I likes it! _631.JPG

19. NWinther

NWinther Friend of Leo's

Sold my my two CS Fender guitars some years back....
    Not gonna buy anymore.

I am playing two Ibanez strat styles from the 80's now, back to where I started 3 decades ago...

Gotta get a Tele again...miss having one... But it is not going to be a Fender....

I am looking for a Tokai again...like I used to play as well...

Have had more guitars than I can remember....but I am not buying any Fender again.....

20. El Marin

El Marin Friend of Leo's

I have nor purchased any Fender since 1988 when I got my Tele

Still have it and still is my #1

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.