I Have Everything Ready.

Valkyrie

TDPRI Member
Two piece unfinished ash Esquire body, all parts unfinished rosewood fat neck, Wilkinson bridge with brass compensated saddles, control plate, Emerson prewired controls and plate, Gotoh inline staggered machine heads, bone nut, and five hole black pickguard and a Cavalier NoCaster Holy Grail to round it all out with everything metal in nickel finish. This will be my second build and I’ve talked about in other threads. I’m excited. Should have it all ready for finish by the end of the month. I’m traveling for work for the next two weeks then I am going to dry assemble the guitar and get it all perfect, then disassemble and finish which is gonna take some time but that’s fine.

I’m going to finish the body in antique white nitro and the neck in an amber tinted nitro.

I have. Cavalier Fat Lion in my T-Tyoe build and I like it though it lacks some of the nuance I was hoping for but it’s a great pickup and the company makes nice stuff so I’m going with them again. I think it’s going to be a great guitar.

One thing to add. I plan to use Zpoxy to fill the grain but I want a tiny bit of the grain texture to come though. I like that slight look if the wood under the finish. Not seeing the wood but that old sink in nitro look but just ever so slight. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
Two piece unfinished ash Esquire body, all parts unfinished rosewood fat neck, Wilkinson bridge with brass compensated saddles, control plate, Emerson prewired controls and plate, Gotoh inline staggered machine heads, bone nut, and five hole black pickguard and a Cavalier NoCaster Holy Grail to round it all out with everything metal in nickel finish. This will be my second build and I’ve talked about in other threads. I’m excited. Should have it all ready for finish by the end of the month. I’m traveling for work for the next two weeks then I am going to dry assemble the guitar and get it all perfect, then disassemble and finish which is gonna take some time but that’s fine.

I’m going to finish the body in antique white nitro and the neck in an amber tinted nitro.

I have. Cavalier Fat Lion in my T-Tyoe build and I like it though it lacks some of the nuance I was hoping for but it’s a great pickup and the company makes nice stuff so I’m going with them again. I think it’s going to be a great guitar.

One thing to add. I plan to use Zpoxy to fill the grain but I want a tiny bit of the grain texture to come though. I like that slight look if the wood under the finish. Not seeing the wood but that old sink in nitro look but just ever so slight. Any ideas?

Sounds like a blast! Keep us updated!

On the Z-Poxy - Ash is a very open grain. I used to hate grain filling so I would try to finish that step as fast as possible. I'd guess that you'd need at least 2, maybe 3 fillings of Z-Poxy to really fill the grain and leave a perfectly level surface. So if you just did one application, you might have it just like you want.

Valkyrie

TDPRI Member
Sounds like a blast! Keep us updated!

On the Z-Poxy - Ash is a very open grain. I used to hate grain filling so I would try to finish that step as fast as possible. I'd guess that you'd need at least 2, maybe 3 fillings of Z-Poxy to really fill the grain and leave a perfectly level surface. So if you just did one application, you might have it just like you want.

Thanks. I’m gonna try some experiments with some scrap wood and see what I come up with.