I have become 'The Stig' of bus drivers!

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
IMG_20220523_105526862.jpg

arlum

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Bulletproof windows, Kevlar under cloths and a guardian angel recently retired from a career as an archangel might get you through a shift driving a Metrolink bus in St. Louis MO.

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I hope that is a reasonably priced bus!

It's a worn out POS is what it is. Sixteen years old, with God-only-knows how many miles on it. I've been driving it, on and off, since late 2014, and I'm currently sitting out in Valentine, Nebraska, about to take 'my group' up to Mission, South Dakota for the rest of the day, then back to Rapid City at about 5:30 this afternoon.

But, old #2006 used to be pretty nice, 'back in the day', and was, for the most part, a pleasure to drive, it looks a lot worse than this now, and it was getting pretty rough back when this was taken...
IMG_20190927_095853188.jpg

but it's been severely neglected as to it's cosmetic condition for years now, and it shows.

This should be my last trip for this company, as I'm supposed to start driving a local, regular route for the city of Rapid City on Monday...you know, with stuff like overtime, insurance, paid vacation, that kind of stuff, plus a higher hourly rate...and decent busses, none of which I've had for the past seven years with this company.

Yesterday, here's what I drove on for 24 miles in what could be politely referred to as: 'Bum [email protected]#$ Nowhere', in a 50,000 pound, 45 foot, tour motorcoach with about six inches of ground clearance.

IMG_20220524_164528645.jpg

But, in the past, I've been called on to drive these things to worse places....
IMG_20210811_120531483.jpg

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It's a worn out POS is what it is. Sixteen years old, with God-only-knows how many miles on it. I've been driving it, on and off, since late 2014, and I'm currently sitting out in Valentine, Nebraska, about to take 'my group' up to Mission, South Dakota for the rest of the day, then back to Rapid City at about 5:30 this afternoon.

But, old #2006 used to be pretty nice, 'back in the day', and was, for the most part, a pleasure to drive, it looks a lot worse than this now, and it was getting pretty rough back when this was taken...
View attachment 986870
but it's been severely neglected as to it's cosmetic condition for years now, and it shows.

This should be my last trip for this company, as I'm supposed to start driving a local, regular route for the city of Rapid City on Monday...you know, with stuff like overtime, insurance, paid vacation, that kind of stuff, plus a higher hourly rate...and decent busses, none of which I've had for the past seven years with this company.

Yesterday, here's what I drove on for 24 miles in what could be politely referred to as: 'Bum [email protected]#$ Nowhere', in a 50,000 pound, 45 foot, tour motorcoach with about six inches of ground clearance.

View attachment 986867

But, in the past, I've been called on to drive these things to worse places....
View attachment 986872
Looks like you've finally flipped out and headed to Bakersfield! ;)