I have a thing for blondes

BobbyMac

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Here's a Made in Mexico Fender factory special run '72 Telecaster Thinline in white blonde with matching white blonde headstock...
DSCN4250.JPG
DSCN4262.JPG
DSCN4253.JPG
DSCN4254.JPG
DSCN4255.JPG
DSCN4258.JPG

Ritchie Rooster

Tele-Meister
Why all the questions? Has the Fender Olympic White been discontinued? I still have mine from 1991, and it still has the showroom look to it!

Mur

Friend of Leo's
My favorite shade/version Tele blonde is from 1953.

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
What are the different colors of blonde for tele? I currently own an American Special in Vintage Blonde, a CV50 in butterscotch blonde, and a CV50 in White Blonde. What are the other blondes?

This post is a disappointment.......................................drawn in by the title, stuck with it until Controller's post produced little of interest!

LGOberean

Doctor of Teleocity
I've got a couple of blondes: BSB on the left, Honey Blonde on the right. They've darkened some, I think. The pic is close to two years old, but the guitars are older: 2011 and 2009, respectively.

upload_2021-9-26_22-17-50.jpeg

I also have a couple that are au naturel, that are also on the lighter end of the color spectrum...

upload_2021-9-26_22-24-48.png

as opposed to one with a mahogany body, and the other Longleaf pine stained walnut...

upload_2021-9-26_22-27-4.jpeg

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
Why are white guitars considered "blondes"? Shouldn't they be "old hags" or something if you follow that train of thought?

Actually I have a couple of white guitars and I would never compare them to women's hair, or even women for that matter.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I can relate… three of my Fender guitars are blonde, the fourth is Olympic white! And two of my three archtops are blonde!

To your question, AFAIK these are the main categories:
  • Butterscotch blonde
  • White blonde
  • Vintage Blonde (aka yellowed, but differently from butterscotch)

These are the main (only?) labels but there are no two blonde guitars that are alike given some time and exposition to atmospherics… And the same label is used by Fender to name very different colours at times…

PS: looky looky what I found in my archives …

View attachment 899848

I've got the Classic 50's White Blonde and it's the strangest color...
Depending on how the light hits it it's either pink or beige or some non-existent intersection of the two... or sometimes just a light mocha.
Should have been called Lovecraft Blonde. :D

Mur

Friend of Leo's
Blonde Nocaster look great but can't find a pic.

somebodyelseuk

Tele-Meister
Hmm?
This is like the 59 Les Paul thing...
There's actually one colour... what gets offered up today is based on trying to replicate a certain degree of lacquer aging, not strictly "blonde".