I have a real cat food problem

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ASATKat, May 9, 2020.

1. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Easy to feed a dog, seeing how their favorite snack is cat turds.

tomkatf, bgmacaw, koolaide and 2 others like this.
  2. LandWaterSky

LandWaterSky NEW MEMBER!

I wonder if cat food companies use MSG or some other misleadlingly labeled equivalent (i.e. 'natural flavor') to spike hunger like they do in human food. When I skip a treat, my cat sits on my chest and sucks the life force out of my mouth at night when I'm sleeping, so I don't know how much time I have left.

3. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

The next step is you will have to chew the treats for them and mouthfeed them. ;)

ASATKat likes this.
  4. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

My cat and dogs do the same. My wife spoils them with treats. I tell her STOP, but she ignores me. So I feed them once a day, in the evening, with a reasonable amount of food. If they don't eat it right away, I take it up and put it away for the next day. I don't waste anything, including time.

5. 39martind18

39martind18 Tele-Afflicted

What ASATKat said X2 (one each).

6. Switchy

Switchy Tele-Afflicted

I have the opposite situation, my cat doesn't care for any store bought treats.
    They only thing that will get her attention is canned tuna. Other than that, she doesn't care.

7. koolaide

koolaide Tele-Holic

I beg to differ, but your were almost right. Their favorite snack is cat.

8. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

I used to think, "Why don't they package cat turds as treats?". Then, I got our dogs some pizzle sticks. Whew! Now that's stinky!

9. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

The lockdown that bad you’re eating cats?

10. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Try mixing different cat foods in the same bowl, they'll eat it.

11. kingofdogs1950

kingofdogs1950 Tele-Afflicted

My cat Frankie loves Little Friskies and will eat them in preference of just about anything.
    I can bring home a whole, fresh tuna from the sea and he pays it no mind.
    He does, however, like a tasty rat. Frankie brings me fresh rats and leaves them strategically placed so that when I swing out of bed the first thing I feel is when fresh rat oozes up between my toes.
    Could be worse, and in fact, there was worse.
    My daughter's dog was optimistically called house trained.
    That dog would, almost every day, leave a big, steaming surprise for me to step in first thing in the morning.
    Whew... that was a dog. She (the dog, not the daughter) would put the fang on all and sundry, including my two year old nephew.
    I indicated farm life would be good for the dog but I was out voted by the women folk.
    Now that I think about it, the daughter was know to fang people too.

Mark

17854558306679164484.jpg

12. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

Kitty krack update;

Cold Turkey from the kitty krack. The only way. First full day finds my cat sitting on me and just staring at me from 7 inches. I feel so guilty of something lol.

LutherBurger likes this.
  13. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

A truly beautiful thing about this is,,,

Sure my cat wants the kitty treats from me BUT she holds no anger towards me. Her love is not conditional on kitty treats. That's the same with all pets.

If people could only do that.

14. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

My cat is hooked on Iams Purrfect which has been discontinued. I'm paying a fortune to hoarders on Ebay who still have the food in stock.

15. Dreadnut

Dreadnut Tele-Afflicted

Hope you get them back on track.

My friends had a cat that would only eat whole pieces of dry cat food, would only eat whole X's or O's, but not broken pieces. My friend entered into a contest of wills with his cat - when there were only pieces of its food left in the bowl, he didn't fill it again; he told the cat "You WILL eat little pieces." I think the cat won the contest, because it would not eat the little pieces no matter how hungry it was. Stupid cats.

We found a little tiny kitten in our woods, and I rescued it. Our four dogs had it trapped at the base of a tree, they were barking at it but not attacking. Poor baby was skinny, had a broken back leg, had fleas, and a botfly larvae in its head. My wife and daughter bathed her and treated her wounds. It was probably only 5 weeks old, no idea where it came from. Interestingly, it really loved our dogs, and now they are best friends. Our grandkids named her "Clover" because she was lucky our dogs found her. Here she is with our big male Goldendoodle.
    [​IMG]

16. Geo

Geo Friend of Leo's

Our two cats tried to do the standard replacement of dry food with Temptations but I
    ignored them so they returned to normal eating. I do give them the Temptations at night
    and especially if they come to the door from outside when I call them to come in.
    All I have to do at the door is say "Snacks" and if they are in hearing distance show up
    quickly.

LutherBurger likes this.
  17. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I wound up in a European Love Parade because of my cats. I was at a conference in Baden-Baden, Germany, when I decided on a lark to drive to Zurich to buy some high-class chow.

Mission accomplished, I came out of the shop and started running into groups of 2-5 people dressed in nightclub clothes, with platform shoes, sculpted hair, etc. Usually, the members of a group dressed alike, including a group of "nuns" passing out condoms. Over the next couple of hours, something like a million people had invaded the city.

The cats were indifferent to the cat food, but what a cool experience that was for me.

18. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

That's a great idea -- I'm going to try it. Our cat stays out all night sometimes, which makes me nervous.

Geo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.