1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I have a pedal idea (2 in 1 tribute to my Dad)

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by nasonm, Oct 7, 2010.

1. nasonm

nasonm Friend of Leo's

I love Compression, Trem, Delay & Reverb (rockabilly, surf, western, etc)
    and growing up my Dad had a jet boat he named the Soak & Spin (Soak for the way he would whitewash kids with it and spin for the 360s he used to do in it).

I'd love to have a pedal built with trem on one side and reverb on the other and call it the Soak & Spin. Maybe I could get two pedals (one of each) and have them rehoused. I already have a Chicklet, perhaps a Malekko trem as well.

Just thinking out loud right now. I don't know if I have the cojones to actually try to do it myself. It might not be for everyone but I thought it would a great tribute to my memories of my Dad and his boat.

2. Tele-Monster

Tele-Monster Friend of Leo's

Sounds like a Deluxe Reverb. I think boss makes a pedal like that.

3. dantonel

dantonel Tele-Meister

I can see where he's going with it. like a 2 in one but 2 individual switches... 2 separate controls...

4. kevoreilly

kevoreilly Tele-Meister

5. smoss469

smoss469 Tele-Afflicted

Contact This1smyne on TGP if you have an idea like that. He does rehouses etc and that might be the best idea. Get 2 pedals that you like and have them rehoused in a new enclosure to make a dual stomp box. He's got 2 of mine right now doing just that and I've heard nothing but praise on his work.

6. LucasT

LucasT TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Just a thought. Visual Sound makes a few double pedals. I have the Route 66 and really like it (compressor and OD). If you're not looking at building or re-housing, you could take one of those and refinish it to your liking maybe (i.e., paint job and name).

7. Dad-O

Dad-O TDPRI Member

I'll second the This1smyne recommendation.

There is a company called JHS pedals that does custom 2-in-1 orders. No experience with them, however. (But they sure LOOK great... and isn't that a great reason to buy a pedal? I am ducking and covering as i type)

BTW i like the whole Dad/pedal tribute idea! Great name too!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.