I hate white pizza

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
White pizza is not Buffalo sauce. You folks need to find God. I love white pizza. But save the wing sauce for chicken.

61fury

Friend of Leo's
Maybe you will like those "tomato pies" that are so popular in the Philly area...

Actually I don't mind some white pizza but the tomato pies don't grab me at all.

Dan

I grew up in the Philadelphia area, never heard of tomato pie till I went back to visit. I was surprised how gluteny soggy the tomato topping made the top layer of dough. It was much like a layer of cheese.

EZMFE

Tele-Meister
I generally prefer tomato-based sauce, but I enjoy a good white pie from time to time.

Ron C

Tele-Holic
I wouldn't even think of a "buffalo chicken" pizza as being "white pizza". White pizza to me is garlic, cheese, EVOO, basil, sometimes with additions like mushrooms or broccoli/bruschetta, etc. It's big flavor pizza to me.
That’s what I was thinking, except I wouldn’t even include those additions (mushrooms, broccoli, etc)

To me it’s just a higher profit way of selling the same ingredients as a plain calzone.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
White pizza?

tjthYOGU_400x400.jpg

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Guess I was just looking forward to some regular pizza. Pizzas with out tomato sauce are just not, I don’t know, right? Exception would be margherita which has tomato slices so,,, and it rhymes with margarita.

Head over to Twin Trees. I think they're far from the best, but their Margherita pizza is decent. I had some two weekends ago when we were visiting my MIL.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Guess I was just looking forward to some regular pizza. Pizzas with out tomato sauce are just not, I don’t know, right? Exception would be margherita which has tomato slices so,,, and it rhymes with margarita.

This thing that some places call a "Margherita", with slices of tomato in lieu of sauce - they taste pretty good, but that's not a Margherita. A real Margherita has tomato sauce, fresh mozzerella, and basil. The point of a Margherita, in addition to tasting good, is to represent the colors of the Italian flag.

scottser

Friend of Leo's
I recently had a post removed for trolling ( I know, hard to believe, right?). But white pizza? With fish on it?
You people should have your WiFi shut off for the general good f society.

Jared Purdy

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
My wife and I discussed getting pizza for dinner. While I was out fishing she ordered and picked it up. I get home and it is a Buffalo wing pie. I’m eating it cuz it’s paid for, but man, very disappointing. I’m also on my fourth margarita so I’m feeling very opinionated.

Caught 3 largemouth and 3 pickerel. Man those pickerel all always pissed off.

I've never heard of "white pizza". I figured it has something to do with the white flour used to make the dough? Nice job fishing!! You should have fried up one of the catch!!

Dan Estock

Tele-Meister
Head over to Twin Trees. I think they're far from the best, but their Margherita pizza is decent. I had some two weekends ago when we were visiting my MIL.

twin trees regular pizza is probably my favorite in the area, I just have trouble remembering to tell them to cut it like it is a pizza!

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
That’s what I was thinking, except I wouldn’t even include those additions (mushrooms, broccoli, etc)

To me it’s just a higher profit way of selling the same ingredients as a plain calzone.
true, although the "form factor" is still nice for that gooey, cheesy, garlicky goodness!

Hey_you

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Not all people like tomatoes or the sauces it makes. I make a seafood pie. Scallops, shrimp and imitation crab. The usual mozzarella cheese too. I make a sauce from heavy cream, white wine, shallots, chunky fresh garlic and herbs. I include the skin off the shrimp, and some juice from the packages for flavor. I should add I strain the mixture after it blends together. I then add the garlic and herbs. I thicken it with AP flour. Just enough. I have made a seafood lasagna using this too. It was a big hit!

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
twin trees regular pizza is probably my favorite in the area, I just have trouble remembering to tell them to cut it like it is a pizza!

Oh, yeah... those skinny rectangles. They say that's Syracuse style, but that's just hopeful marketing. Their sausage is mighty fine.