I hate vertigo!

Chip

Friend of Leo's
Been there done that!

the last time I had it the only thing I could do was lay in bed and read the TDPRI with one eye open. If I opened both eyes the world would spin out of control.

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
So you can be hit by it just laying in bed? I assumed it only came with a height/looking down at any distance that would trigger it. Obviously no one around me has every had it or I'd likely be aware.

Crystals in the inner ear get dislodged and cause it. As @Recce says it sucks.
It's called benign positional vertigo. Certain exercises like the Epley maneuver gets things lined back up~

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
Crystals in the inner ear get dislodged and cause it. As @Recce says it sucks.
It's called benign positional vertigo. Certain exercises like the Epley maneuver gets things lined back up~
I did not know this. They didn’t teach this in National Ski Patrol medical training. Interesting. My co-worker’s GP knew exactly what to do and was very calm about it.

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
We had a gig last night. Load in was at 6.
At 4:30 I was lying on the bathroom floor with a bucket to puke in because my vertigo had me spinning and nauseated.

I took a hot shower on my teak stool and made it to the gig. Here I am with my McCarty and my brother on keys.

20211017_130143.jpg

Bill

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
My wife has had that and as dougstrum noted, they did that manoeuvre. I had it once and literally could not even sit up without falling over.

Luckily I had zero nausea.

Glad you’re better!

Lone_Poor_Boy

Tele-Holic
We had a gig last night. Load in was at 6.
At 4:30 I was lying on the bathroom floor with a bucket to puke in because my vertigo had me spinning and nauseated.

I took a hot shower on my teak stool and made it to the gig. Here I am with my McCarty and my brother on keys.

View attachment 910623

Damn.

Very nice, you and your brother playing.

Matt Sarad

Tele-Afflicted
My vertigo started when I was 14.
I think it may have been a result of a disease called Valley Fever which I had earlier that year.
Valley Fever is a fungal infection from spores that live in soil.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/valley-fever/symptoms-causes/syc-20378761

My vertigo was seriously exacerbated after serious head injuries incurred in a mt. Bike accident 8 years ago. Since then it flares up about every six weeks and lasts almost a week.
I don't drive or get on a bike until it passes.

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
Man I'll bet you don't drive! Bicycle:eek:
Every 6 weeks~yikes!!!

Mine didn't start till I was about 50 glad it doesn't slam me more than every couple of years!

Rich_S

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I started getting short bouts of vertigo rafter getting hit by a car on my bicycle 7 weeks ago. It hits me mostly when I look up. Changing all the light bulbs in the recessed ceiling fixtures in our new house, getting up and down on a little step stool.

P Thought

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Sorry, @dougstrum, those episodes are no fun.

Mrs. Thought and I have both had vertigo, and the maneuvers helped us both. I haven't had bad episodes since then, but I still have to touch the shower wall when I close my eyes to keep the soap out, or I'll lose my equilibrium.