I hate renting...

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
:) I was just messing with ya.

So you are not relocating to OK? I have a house in the NE corner I would make you a great deal on. I just got to evict the people that are in there now! LOL

My wife and I have ex spouses living in OK. Not a chance.

I actually always loved visiting OK and could live there happily (if those folks moved somewhere else....) Lots of nice folks and pretty country, heck my favorite band comes from Oklahoma!

I gotta look up Miami!

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
you realize that your housing situation is becoming 'must read tdp' right? You are a legend already, but this is all headed in 'the dullard' territory.... can't wait for the next installment!
"The Dullard!"

That was such a great tdpri series :) Haven't seen the good texan here in a long while. I can't even find his username any moer.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire

Well, there are some seedy areas in most state. But those little towns have some stories to tell.

This story is so dear to me as I know the families affected by it. A little more information in relation to the story that is not covered by the book. One of our church member's daughter was a best friend to Laura and Ashley. She was actually supposed to be at the sleepover that night but she got grounded by her mother.

You can read all about the story here with the information regarding the mother of the girl's friend, a nurse who was murdered a year later after taping a segment for a true crime show about the Freeman's murder and the girl's diappearance.

The nurse in the story was my church secretary. I was one of the first people to arrive at the hospital after the shooting to try to console the family.

I believe that one incidence is a coincidence, but when you have three situations like this in less than two years all centered around one family it makes you ponder what is really going on.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
"The Dullard!"

That was such a great tdpri series :) Haven't seen the good texan here in a long while. I can't even find his username any moer.
The last I talked to the Good Texan he was going back to school and living in I think Nashville and Louisville part time.
We were going to try to get together when I was in Nashville on business and it did not work out.

I do miss the Dullard stories. I just wish I was on here when I worked in my own "office" environment as we had a few Dullard stories to tell.

rcole_sooner

Poster Extraordinaire
@getbent that number is a little high...

300K for a house in OK? Well maybe the well to do Tulsa and OKC folks, but they really don't count as Okies as they are citified! :)

Well here you go, 4000 Square feet, and within budget out in the smaller cities!! Prices are up in OK we are all doomed!

That number is not high. It may be above average, but many homes sell for that much (our's did) and up ... double that and up. Huge neighborhoods in many towns.

$184K looks to be the average price in OK.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I saw that interest rates went up again this week.
Prices are inching down to. A short time ago, the realtors were standing around in the front yard taking names, and bids, now not so much. A very nice house around the corner from me has been on the market for 16 days, and the price has already been reduced, only by ten thousand dollars, but they were selling over list price, and no haggling.

I predicted here on the forum and was met with much opposition that the boom would implode just as it always does. Folks said ah naw TD the boom is here to stay. The people lending money couldn't stand to see all that activity without cashing in on it too, so they raised rates to put some money in their own pockets.

It's simple, you can charge five bucks for a hamburger, and raise the price to ten dollars, and a few people will still buy. At some point though, you keep raising the price no matter how hungry the guy is, if he doesn't have the price of the hamburger, he's going to walk away. You can't charge more than people CAN pay, not WANT to pay.

As always, a lot of people who bought on the peak, are going to get it right in the rear. The real-estate market always makes me think of the scene in Open Range when Sue Barlow addresses Marshal Poole during the big shoot out.

Sue Barlow:
(Buying public)

You're a disgrace Marshal Poole. You always have been.

Marshal Poole:
(Real Estate Market)

I know it. That's just the way it is.

buster poser

Poster Extraordinaire
I saw that interest rates went up again this week.
Storm a comin

1663885625700.png