1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I Hate My Local News

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Collin D Plonker, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Since we lost our local quite reasonable weekly newspaper we’ve had on line ‘live’ news. Trouble is, as soon as it went to the new format any semblance of real news reporters left and the whole shooting match was handed over to kids and students who might be OK on the technical stuff but can’t write copy. Misspellings, unintelligible grammar, pictures showing locations nowhere near the location of the incident and, what really gets me, zombie articles left up for weeks, including traffic reports. Don’t bother anymore, my wife sifts through Facebook and gives me the interesting stuff. Not much comes my way....................

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    telemnemonics likes this.
  2. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

The reporters at our bureau office are so lazy they do location shots in their own parking lot.

telemnemonics likes this.
  3. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

They also do weather stories on location warning drivers of dangerous conditions when clearly there is only an inch or two of snow. Just as the hyperbole peaks, a few cars calmly drive past, stop at the corner, then drive along with no problem whatsoever.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.