I had a Recycling Dream... oh my it was odd

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
I've never been in a floatation tank, I know mushies are good moksha, heals a bunch of stuff.
did you lose your mind and go crazy in the most beautiful manner, 😁 never to be the same afterwards?
Sometimes I lay on my bed on my back and breath, attending to my body feelings, and some times I feel like I'm floating off my bed. It's nice, so light and relaxed. a great way to spend time alone. I always feel better after a break from discursive thought.
Flotation tanks are pretty amazing.
Never been so relaxed.

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
Love that book.
Memorable quotes:

“Where in the hell is my G-D hat?”
“On your head, you idiot!”

And

“That is 1 fine-looking pool table.”

And

“The creaking of the bedsprings shook the house like a mechanical rain.”

I wonder if Richard Brautigan slipped stuff like that into actual conversation.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
@ping-ping-clicka , have you ever read the Richard Brautigan book “The Hawkline Monster?”

Your thread title and the phrase “recycling dream” made me think of a part of that book where a character’s father gets turned into an elephant foot umbrella stand by a malevolent being.

Like, weird, unsettling, but also puzzling: “I’m feeling, what...fear? Intrigue? Exasperated disbelief?”
no, he was a big deal and had way to much groupie status for me to handle. at the time everyone that was raving about his genius had the vague scent of very sour milk when they raved about how he was the the new hippie E.E. Cummings.
he might have something that might have been very meaningful deeply moving and as perceptive as Arundhati Roy or R.Crumb , I guess I was to into Foghat at the time ?
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZINGSOC VICTORY BRAND.jpg
0000000brodigan.jpg

mexicanyella

Friend of Leo's
no, he was a big deal and had way to much groupie status for me to handle. at the time everyone that was raving about his genius had the vague scent of very sour milk when they raved about how he was the the new hippie E.E. Cummings.
he might have something that might have been very meaningful deeply moving and as perceptive as Arundhati Roy or R.Crumb , I guess I was to into Foghat at the time ? View attachment 975282 View attachment 975280
My mom slipped me a copy of that book when I was a kid (I’m 53 now) after I asked her what she was reading that was cracking her up so much.

I read it and thought the bizarre imagery and similes were hilarious—“The barbed wire drummer looked like a sleeping fence”—and the feeling that I “got” the humor that was cracking my mom up made me feel pretty grown up and important. I’m sure that was part of it.

But at my young age I was totally unaware of any groupie status or trendy popular buzz that he had had. I suppose had the timing been different I might also have been put off by what could seem like pretense.

Still, there are some pretty silly and bizarre things going on, upending what is sort of a bleak tale.

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I've never been in a floatation tank, I know mushies are good moksha, heals a bunch of stuff.
did you lose your mind and go crazy in the most beautiful manner, 😁 never to be the same afterwards?
Sometimes I lay on my bed on my back and breath, attending to my body feelings, and some times I feel like I'm floating off my bed. It's nice, so light and relaxed. a great way to spend time alone. I always feel better after a break from discursive thought.
Is that like some sort of astral voyage or something ?

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
At a very stuffy company dinner, a name-dropping couple in their 60s went on and on about their big game hunting expeditions around the world, several in Africa. They'd killed just about everything on the menu right down to termites. And, they said, they had an addition built onto their house for the trophy heads.

Now you tell me, ping-ping-clicka, what the final resting place looks like for those two.
I hunt, but it's a family tradition and I only take what I need and we eat the meat. Guessing these two windbags will be immediately field dressed and eaten alive at the gates of hell by a chorus of the spirits of the "trophies" they have mounted in their home. They'll be the flavor of the month.

Chester P Squier

Friend of Leo's
I'm glad to know I put a guitar out for the trash man once.
I did that too, one time back in the '80s. It was an archtop acoustic from 1964. I had had it for maybe 20 years. The neck had become warped, making the instrument unplayable.

By this time I had my Yamaha FG160 acoustic dreadnought, which I have now owned for 40 years. It's still playable and I play it nearly every day.

But having joined various guitar forums, I realized I may have been able to get the archtop fixed. But it was, in all likelihood, uneconomical to repair.