I guess Digitech is still making the Trio +?

Platefire

Friend of Leo's
I checked and found some for sale for $400.00. I guess that is current? $100 more now.

I took mine out this afternoon and knocked out a pretty decent back up track for
"Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho". Didn't take but a couple of hours. I just need to mix it down to my JamMan. I just drag it out every month or two and make a new track. Anybody else still using these? Platefire

bendercaster

Tele-Afflicted
I have the original. I stopped using regularly a few years ago--around the same time I started playing in my current band. But I went on a road trip last year and was going to have a gig right after we got back, so I brought the Trio and a Tele with me and it was a great way to practice with headphones at night.

SparkleFart

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I still use one. It's the heart of one of my homemade plywood monstrosities--a stand-alone practice board using old cast-off pedals and featuring a RadioShack mini stereo amp (with simulated walnut grained vinyl veneer).

SparkleTrio-1.jpg

SparkleTrio-3.jpg

I use it for nothing more creative than practice in the moment, but it keeps me entertained, which isn't too hard.

Platefire

Friend of Leo's
I mixed down my track tonight from the Trio + to my JamMan Took three times to get it right. First time too loud. Second time too quite and last time just right. I have 83 tracks on my JamMan, so I have to get the volume of the mix to be at the same level as all the other tracks so when you switch tracks, the volume is equal. I run the JamMan through a direct box to one channel of the PA. So it's quite a process to get the final results but I like it.

Platefire

Friend of Leo's
Thanks for posting. Sounds like in general the Trio has fell out of use to a large extent except for a few of us.
I know new things have come along while the Trio + hasn't been improved to more advanced models capable of more advanced creating of detailed tracks. So I guess Digitech mostly meant it to be a fun Jamming tool and not a do all track building machine. I think a lot of computer programs are the closest thing to an advanced track building machine, but I would prefer to have it in a self contained unit. So is there anything like that available? Platefire

BTW SF, what does that Digitech Multi Play do? I use to have a Digitech delay and short looper
in a pedal like that.

Last edited: