I got rejected today.. (depressing content)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by The Teleist, Jan 14, 2010.

1. 8painting

8painting TDPRI Member

They're all the "most beautiful girl ever".

Just wait till college.....So many hot girls...its ridiculous.

2. The Teleist

The Teleist Tele-Meister

Last one from me. Walked home with her lots since i first asked, then gave her a valentines card and said I still fancied her and still had feelings for her, and she said i was lovely and deserved someone really great, but just not her. So thats it. We're still friends which is nice, and aside from anything else being heartbroken over the last few weeks has turned me on to some GREAT music- BB King and Buddy Guy coming top of the list. 'Sweet Sixteen' is one of my favourite songs now! Anyway, just thought I'd update you all one last time on this one.
    Cheers,
    The Teleist

3. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

Sounds like you and she handled things well..the opposite sex friends relationship is new ground for many & can be a bit tricky (I have a similar some one in my life) I found the following helps keep me grounded..

"Yes, we are friends and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter. I wouldn't mind reading the back half of the paper while you read the front. We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often. I don't want to lose this happy space where I have found someone who is smart and easy and doesn't bother to check their diary when we arrange to meet."

Be happy..

4. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

the old cold shoulder....
    [​IMG]

5. ADinNYC

ADinNYC Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

You're paying your life dues my friend. It's what makes us all who we are.

Focus that hurt into your playing. Woodshed till your fingers bleed! Write some songs.

At your age the pain will be over fairly quickly. Just wait until you're married for ten years, have a couple kids and your wife leaves you for another man. You'll look back on this and smile. Not wishing this on you course, just putting into perspective.

Now go play play play.

6. BoogerRooger

BoogerRooger Poster Extraordinaire

Good on yer for trying.

The response here, and the fact there's so much great music inspired by the subject shows it's something we can all relate to.

Good luck next time!

7. elsewhere

elsewhere Tele-Holic

At least you didn't make a mortal enemy, since that can happen as well with these situations. I've been where you are (I think we all have), and trust me, it will get better eventually. But let it hurt while it does, and write a song or two while you're hurting.

8. rangercaster

rangercaster Poster Extraordinaire

another 16 year old Brit got rejected and wrote a song about it ... apparently, he got over it, and things worked out for the best ...

9. The Teleist

The Teleist Tele-Meister

Funnily enough that song (Irene Wilde) has already been posted by someone else. Good tune. And indeed, I did write a song about it. Oh and i saw her today and she smiled at me so I assume we're OK.

10. ADinNYC

ADinNYC Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Next!

Sounds like you're over her already. Bring on the next most beautiful girl in the world. :)

11. chet

chet Banned

There's another song- The Stones "You Can't Always get What You Want".

Just cause you happen to really dig somebody doesn't mean they'll dig you (in the way you want them to).

12. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

One thing about the most beautiful girl in the world, They change frequently. Keep asking, she'll show up again.

13. F6_FullMelt

F6_FullMelt Tele-Holic

I know this girl where for years we have been back and forth, one telling the other they've got the love for them, and the recipient of such advances denying the other due to timing. She started it. I consider her one of my best friends. One day I'm going to marry that woman, but until then, I am going to sleep with the rest of them.

If I die without ever knowing her touch again, its cool, because I am head over heels in love with life.

14. Birdmankustomz

Birdmankustomz Friend of Leo's

Could have been worse, I had a cute girl I wanted to ask out. I was at a party with her, took a drink, went down the wrong pipe, started coughing really hard, long story short, I threw up on her... Needless to say I never went out with her, good news is we're great friends to this day.

15. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Ah yes. The old "we can be friends" line.
    Guys and girls cannot be friends. You're always going to want her, and she's always going to reject you. If you become friends, things get weird. You share things. You get intimate without the physical fun part.
    Then one day, there's going to be that night, when she comes to you for consoling after being dumped by her latest boyfriend. You'll drink too much wine. She cuddle for support, and next thing you know, you're having to explain that you didn't mean to take advantage of her emotional vulnerability and that it just happened.
    Keep her at the acquaintance level. Friendships just lead to further heartbreak.
    Of course, YMMV.

16. JackT.Conqueror

JackT.Conqueror Tele-Meister

Hey dude,

Sorry to hear you got rejected and yeah it does hurt right now but it does get a lot better. Just ride it out - when you feel you're at your worst, think about how many people here have been through it too, and can tell you from experience that things will look up.

There's some great advice on this thread, too. Where the hell were you all when I was that age? :)

17. The Teleist

The Teleist Tele-Meister

Oh well thanks for that, Kelnet. Made me feel loads better.:rolleyes: Yes, I probably will still want her, I do, but if I can still talk to her and such then its better than nothing, IMHO.
    What I didn't say though is that she's moving at the end of the year to America or New Zealand. So I'll probably never see her again after December/January time anyway... so I guess I must just make the best of now. Whats a boy to do, eh?

(I realize I said a few posts ago that that one was the last one but I changed my mind :D)

18. Telesavalis

Telesavalis Friend of Leo's

man up...move on.

19. Paulie13

Paulie13 Tele-Holic

Hey man. I know how it feels. I asked the girl of my dreams out at 16 only to be rejected. I stayed friends with her, and eventually started dating at 18. Crazy things can happen.

(She then proceeded to break my heart 4 years later, but ignore that part of the story.)

Good luck.

20. JamesL

JamesL Tele-Meister

All the above comments are true...good advice from all ages of guys....I will share that I endured a lot of rejection when I was young and went through many a stormy relationship later on...then I met my current wife and all was well...we have a wonderful relationship but it took it's time coming......things never happen as quick as we want then to.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.