1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I got my flu shot

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Dreadnut, Oct 12, 2020.

1. ephshoe

ephshoe TDPRI Member

I'm 67 and have not had one for 4 or 5 years. Seeing what's in it and knowing 2 older men, one of whom got Guillain-Barre syndrome and never came back to work, and the other who was paralyzed for a week in the hospital. I'll take my chances and take extra precautions.

The Angry Possum likes this.
  2. spellcaster

spellcaster Tele-Holic

I'm 69 and have never had a flu shot and haven't had the flu since 2005. My attitude is that I'm retired, so don't have the exposure to the flu that people who work with the public have. Also, the extra precautions we're taking now to avoid COVID also go a long way toward protecting against the flu. This morning, my doctor also asked me if I've had a pneumonia shot. I told him I'd never heard of such a thing but he assures me that it's important for seniors. I'll have to research that because it sounds like BS they might give a senior who's suspicious of so-called flu vaccines.

The Angry Possum likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.