I Got Banned From A Forum!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Texicaster, May 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Afflicted

¡Bueno!™

Can you imagine?! I thought everyone loved me! :D

Well not the Airstream Forum guys!

I asked a simple question about tires on new RV's and was berated for trying to get free tires and rip off the dealer. Guy went on making extreme assumptions and accusations! I questioned his assumptions and refuted the claims and told the guy not to bother to respond as he's on ignore!

Uh oh! Musta been a forum favorite because now guys start piling on for ignoring Larry and claiming his assumptions are right. I defend my position (it's like 3 of their posts to 1 of mine). I then get a PM from the moderator telling me to "knock it off" at which point I asked if he's telling everyone to cool it or just me. He says just me as he too agrees with Larry!

The moderator was literally hammering me even worse than the public forum. I dare his to go public with his claims and he was like "one more remark outta you buster..." My only response was to commit forum Hari Kari and tell the moderator FU! Who cares at that point! No intention of participating there ever again so flaming out seemed appropriate! That was the third or forth time I'd had threads go that way there. A couple of guys had given me tacit support but I now get that they will clobber you if you disagree with the cabal so only attacks towards the "outsider" tolerated! The threads are then deleted, erasing evidence of bullying!

I say most of this as an appreciation of the TDPRI moderators who handle threads going haywire expertly! I rarely if ever see them single out a member but simply make blanket posts that reminds EVERYONE involved to be cool! I like that they will lock up a thread at the hint of rules violations but still allow us to work it out between ourselves. I've gone from wanting to strangle guys here to a sort of friendship as a result. I think I may have gotten one very polite PM reminder about rules once... I don't recall them ever taking sides in a discussion that's teetering on the brink.

I guess those Airstream guys mostly fit the pattern of rich retired captains of industry douche bags used to pushing people around to get their way. I got an Airstream because of the light and windows and largest I can tow easy with my rig, NOT because it's a status symbol... which it isn't anyways!

Thanks for reading!

2. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Yeah, good forums, like this one, are rare. When you find one, hold onto it!

skunqesh, Texicaster and bcorig like this.
  3. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

LOL. At least you have an idea as to the "why" you were banned. I was banned from Gretsch-Talk without so much as a "you are banned" note. All I can guess is the moderator had something against fiscal responsibility and Dave Ramsey. It turned out to be a real time saver :twisted:.

4. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Congrats!

televillian and verb boten like this.
  5. dickey

dickey Tele-Afflicted

I am interested in getting a camper, and I love the look of Airstreams. There is a dealer in my area (the famous Airstream ranch with them buried in the ground like Stonehenge). Gonna stop there one day now that I'm retired. As far as Forums...I got banned from one because I simply told the truth; but IDGAF. The best forum I know is Harley HDF. You can pretty much tell the truth there & no one bothers you.

superjam144 likes this.
  6. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I had a post on facebook halted because it "didnt comply with their community standards". It was a cat pushing a bowl closer and closer to the edge of a counter top!
    [​IMG]

ecoast, skunqesh, verb boten and 2 others like this.
  7. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Teenagers can be brutal.

shupe13 likes this.
  8. PeterUK

PeterUK Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Did you get any? :lol:

thunderbyrd and Texicaster like this.
  9. Texicaster

Except I don't recall rules about telling moderator to F off in PMs? :D

I was being shown out anyways so at least wanted the last word! :D

stormsedge likes this.
  10. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

SAguitar, shupe13, skunqesh and 8 others like this.
  11. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Avion or nothing !

E5RSY likes this.
  12. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

Not a hotdog

whoanelly15 and schmee like this.
  13. Texicaster

Airstreams are cool for me for a number of reasons.

Easier to tow. Much easier!

More natural light inside

More windows that fully open

Interior not designed to look like your house with raised panel dark wood cabinets. Better designed modern lighter colored that were designed for the Airstream

20 year old Airstream can look brand new; 5 year old fiberglass box can look old.

Hold their value! This is #2 for me. I had one for ~1 year last year put some dings on it. I still got 93% of what I paid in one day of advertising!

Down side is price..... You can pay half and get more space but give up the above positives.

I'm hitting the road full time June 1! The C19 was the tipping point for me as I had no idea which way my business would go and am paying too much rent. I'm gonna visit friends and travel a bit and look for a new home in the fall or just keep rolling if my #2 business keeps taking off!

skunqesh, Big_Bend and nojazzhere like this.
  14. Texicaster

Is that real?

There is a LOT of Airstream kitch!

15. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

OMG banned from the Airstream Forum … you're on a slippery slope now .

16. wrathfuldeity

wrathfuldeity Tele-Afflicted

Get a Kimbo and not have to worry about tires. I used to think I wanted an aircrap. Kimbo's are the bomb and you are not stuck parking at KOA's.

17. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I had a topic on here nuked because I found a weird guitar on aliexpress or dhgate and someone kept insisting I was a Chinese spammer and reported me as such.

The problem is that I posted a link to it instead of just the picture. I was simply curious if it was a copy of some obscure boutique guitar or some weird (it really was) original design.

18. teletail

teletail Tele-Holic

I regularly get suspended on TalkBass. I went years with no problem and then all of a sudden I get a bunch of "warnings" and then banned. It's pretty obvious that one of the moderators has a problem with me, but of course he's too much of a puss to man up, just anonymous warnings and then suspended. It's only a matter of time before I go nuclear and get permanently banned, which I'm OK with.

stormsedge likes this.
  19. cnlbb

cnlbb Tele-Afflicted

Was flies and dies is almost entirely the whim of moderators. It's the same here as everywhere else. Sorry that you happened to be on the other side of their invisible line.

20. Mexitele Blues

Mexitele Blues Tele-Holic

Sounds like the riff-raff and spillover from the Good Sam club.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.