I gave a guitar away yesterday

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
That’s really cool, and even better that’s it’s really being appreciated .
And he’s got a great case for it - great job

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Thank you to everyone for your kind words. A special thank you to those who have done something similar. I was given the gift of music from some one who was a mentor and father figure to me. It can change a life, even if it is only your own.

Fendereedo

Doctor of Teleocity
You're one of a kind. I've yet to gift a guitar to anyone outside my family, although I did sell my AV64 to someone for less than half price, the guy then proceeded to crap all over me. Excellent thing you've done, you should be proud.

Nightclub Dwight

Friend of Leo's
Doesn't it feel great when you get to do something cool for someone else? I'm not sure who benefits more, the recipient or the giver. Either way, great job.

mad dog

Friend of Leo's
Good for you. That's the best feeling, to share a guitar. You gave him a really good one too. I have the same CV tele, and really appreciate it.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
Ok, so my first guitar, a silvertone, cost $20 in 1967 money. I thought I'd be safe giving it to my older sister's new boyfriend in 1981.

A week later I see my first guitar busted into little bits in the driveway. A month after that he *murdered* her when she broke up with him.

Guess I should have seen that coming, but he spent his life in prison for it.

For what it's worth, the other guitars I gave away worked out much better..........