1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I Found My Second Guitar!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by unixfish, Jan 21, 2021.

1. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

OK, pictures on-line of what I had. I did not know it at the time, but it was a lawsuit era Ibanez L6S copy. It was this deep brown with a bit of red undertones color. I remember mine having a chicken head knob for the selector switch with 1 - 6 beneath it. I also remember it played OK, but was very stiff feeling. It probably needed a setup, which I knew nothing about at that time.

Vintage_Japanese_Lawsuit_era_Gibson_L6_S_Copy_Red_Electric_Guitar_Ibanez_02_kk.jpg Vintage_Japanese_Lawsuit_era_Gibson_L6_S_Copy_Red_Electric_Guitar_Ibanez_01_gc.jpg

I don't really miss it. It was just interesting to see a picture. This was purchased a few years after I got the modded Harmony.

2. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

unixfish likes this.
  3. unixfish

OK, so your point was? :lol::lol::lol:

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  4. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

A cool story and I'll bet there are others here with the same experience.

unixfish likes this.
  5. unixfish

I think I bought a replacement for that guitar in 1988, and consigned it in 1989. It has been a while.

6. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

...strange mood, oblique humor...the premise is that people tell Chad many wondrous, charming, amazing, overly dramatic, laughably fanciful, and otherwise interesting things, and the best he can utter in response is "oh, ok".

if it has to be explained, it obviously missed the mark...

unixfish likes this.
  7. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

My second guitar was a Kent solid body (1960 or so) and I've never seen anything even close to it. And if I did, I would know better than to persue it. Just imagine what $40 got you in 1960.

RowdyHoo and unixfish like this.
  8. unixfish

Sorry - the "OK, so your point was" was a play on the "OK" from Chad.

I got it - and thought it was funny. Looks like we are both lost in translation today.

teletimetx and RowdyHoo like this.
  9. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

A friend of mine still has my first guitar, a Fender F-230 acoustic guitar. I have not seen it in years and don’t need to, but I like knowing it’s around.
    It’s a survivor. It rode out a flood for four days floating on a mattress and box spring in a fishing camp on Lake Pontchartrain. Podnah says when the entered to camp after the water receded, there it was. Just laying there.

unixfish likes this.
  10. Dan German

Dan German Doctor of Teleocity

My first guitar was a horrible little Stella. In my later teens, it drifted into Mom’s basement, hidden from decent people. I moved back to my hometown in my 30s, and one day I saw it for sale cheap in a local music store (it had a very obscure decal on the back that identified it). How could I say no? The store had actually made it pretty playable, and I used it as a campfire guitar until it actually became a campfire itself a couple of years ago.

unixfish likes this.
  11. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Very cool. Here is a picture of what my second acoustic guitar looked like. My first acoustic was an Applause.

It was an Alvarez 9 string. I traded it in for a Martin D-28 back in 1983. It was a very unique guitar that played well, and sounded great.

E1E3DF24-7402-4ACA-B9B8-EE040D9D211F.jpeg

Dan German likes this.
  12. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I owned a maple one in the 70's. Nice guitar. I love the shape. Sold it to buy another guitar.

30 years later, I bought it back from the guy I sold it to, and hand built a new one out of mahogany. Then I sold it again.

Banner.jpg 3 Views lo-res.jpg

unixfish likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.