I found a Tick on me!

SRHmusic

Tele-Afflicted
Small ticks like that could be deer ticks that can spread lyme disease. Be sure to consult with your doctor about this as you do not want to have lyme go undetected. It can have nasty long term effects. A simple antibiotic can generally take care of it early on.
Yeah, good to check if you have any chance of having a tick bite, even if you don't find it.

A colleague of mine had done some hiking in NC, then went to Chicago for work and felt bad and had fever for a few days, and was getting worse. The first doctor he went to had no clue (this was like 20 years ago), but he asked another in the practice that walked by who happened to have just attended a conference season on Lyme disease(!). It's more prevalent now, and better known.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
I found a Tick on me yesterday..on my testicle! I felt a little bump and took a look, which was difficult because it was on the bottom of my testicle, and I saw a tiny black spot...very small. I didn't know what it was, but tried to pull it off but couldn't. Then this morning I was able to pull it off and was looking at it...it was now the size of a sesame seed. Then it started moving! I took a picture of it then killed it. No residual problems now, though Not cool though

Be careful out there!
Is being tested for Lyme disease an option? Good luck.
that's why I avoid going outside, ever.
There be critters out there.

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
You knew it was there and left it!!!?

Watch out for the dreaded bullseye rash…

Thankfully I always feel them and get them before they bite

Just curious..how did you dispatch it?

For those not in tick areas if it’s not engorged with blood they are just about impossible to crush

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter
Speaking of…any of you guys remember these
E1E31800-48B9-4E57-93D4-B6FE8743C74A.jpeg

535B9FFE-03E0-4034-8AC0-A1B7586E9563.jpeg

This was on when I was a kid
FC562207-64BF-4AA6-AB4A-BDC8B258E0BB.jpeg

Think there was a cartoon too…

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I found a Tick on me yesterday..on my testicle! I felt a little bump and took a look, which was difficult because it was on the bottom of my testicle, and I saw a tiny black spot...very small. I didn't know what it was, but tried to pull it off but couldn't. Then this morning I was able to pull it off and was looking at it...it was now the size of a sesame seed. Then it started moving! I took a picture of it then killed it. No residual problems now, though Not cool though

Be careful out there!
Good news! Twenty years ago, we had an apricot poodle. I found a tick the size of a baked bean (smaller than a jellybean) under her collar at the back of her neck. That's a spot she couldn't get at to scratch. After finding it, we started taking off her collar when she was in the yard or in the house and we kept her coat really short in spring, summer and fall.

Telecastoff1

Tele-Afflicted
That would drive me nuts. ;) That size is almost certainly a deer tick, the carrier of Lyme disease, so keep your eyes peeled for a few days to look for things like the classic ring-shaped rash around the bite. Not so common in your neck of the woods, but quite common in the mid-Atlantic and northeast.
They're extremely common in our North woods as well.

Boreas

Poster Extraordinaire
There are numerous diseases other than Lyme that ticks can carry. And deer ticks aren't the only ticks that carry disease. If it was apparent the tick was feeding (growing), I would talk to a doctor about a prophylactic anti-biotic just in case.

DanglingNutslots

Tele-Meister

Be careful out there!
Don’t search Testicular Lyme Disease.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
There are only two phobias I have- ticks and needles. If someone came at me with a needle full of ticks, I’d probably just pass out.

We had a bartender who only had two phobias - midgets and clowns. One day a midget clown walked in, Hess said "oh b***s***!", ran from the bar, and was found in the back of the storeroom curled up into a fetal position.

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Good news for those as paranoid as I am.

A vaccine for Lyme disease is in its final clinical trial

August 9, 202212:25 PM ET

This will be a welcome thing. Professor Dr. SWMBO has had lyme multiple times from tick bites at our previous property...they love her...so I'm sure she'll sign up for it for sure, both for the need and because being an epidemiologist, she's keen on public health things anyway. :)