1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I Dunno, Maybe Get A Kitten

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Sep 28, 2020.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

If I ever got a cat it'd be something along these lines

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Maine Coons are badass :cool:

brookdalebill and schmee like this.
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I hate this cat. He peed in my McCarty case, on my slippers, on the carpet, on a goatskin rug ($500), crapped in our plants, de-leafed one of them. My house smells like a litter box and looks like a cat playground. I had to roll up one of our area rugs and put it in the garage until I have to rent a carpet cleaner because he peed on it. So far I've spent money on a carpeted cat tower, cat toys, litter box, cat food and cat medicine. I'm close to a grand in it.

The ONLY reason he's still here is because of my wife. I hate him and it's not gonna get better. This is the worst decision my wife has made and she did it without speaking to me first.

I am not a cat person. ftc

3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Perhaps he's just not a Tele cat?
    Luckily I don't have that problem.
    IMG_1560.jpg

Torren61 likes this.
  4. Torren61

Update: It turns out I'm allergic to cats. But, despite this and him pizzing on things and dragging cat poo around the house on his paws and him biting me when I try to pet him and clawing stuff and pooping in the houseplants and eating leaves and ruining my wife's expensive jeans and running up a tab for various toys, food, vet bills and stuff... he's still here.

We've all been learning how to co-exist and figuring out how each other works. He's starting to become less of a jerk. We bought an expensive air purifier so I don't have to take Claritin or wear a mask in my own house now. I guess I'm starting to develop a tolerance too. A squirt gun is solving many of the problems of where he's allowed to go and where he's not allowed to go (planters) plus we raised them off the floor and put them on tables.

The vet bills are just routine shots and checkups. We're finding a flea here and there (not the awesome bass playing kind). He's getting his routines down like when it's time for dindin. When he sits still, he gets good loving and scratches and when he bites, he gets off of us and out on the floor so he's choosing to bit less. Scratching the underside of the couch gets a squirt so he's doing that less, too.

He's moved into the "stay" category. But it was close for awhile...

5. TeleBluesMan

TeleBluesMan Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

Torren61 likes this.
  6. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Got any recent pictures?

Torren61 likes this.
  7. Torren61

8. ce24

ce24 Poster Extraordinaire

Everybody needs a box of cat s***t in their house. LOL. don't get me wrong I really like cats.

Torren61 likes this.
  9. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

And, that is exactly what happened to us.

Our band practiced at my house, about 20 years ago. In late summer to early fall, I would leave the basement doors open for some fresh air.

Anyway, this cat would show up during band practice, and hang out, but kept her distance. She was a Maine Coon mix. I’d tell my wife, “That cat was here again.”

She wasn’t a kitten, but I’d say a young teenager. My wife started hanging out on the back porch waiting for the cat to show up. Eventually, the cat took to us. My wife named her Cooter, but I called her Baby.

I can say without a doubt that she was the coolest cat both of us ever had. She was hit by a car in 2012. Our neighbor found her lying in the street.

Torren61 and schmee like this.
  10. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yeah, similar here many years back. We were using my Ex wife's house to rehearse in. One day I came to rehearse and there was this teenage Tabby up on the roof coming down to the edge. Ex said he'd been hanging around. I captured him and he became mine.

Stringbanger and Torren61 like this.
  11. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Sounds like a cat that knows his guitars!

Torren61 likes this.
  12. Torren61

C911A22D-807D-4C36-80B0-BEC8E8F4BD38_1_105_c.jpeg

brookdalebill and David Barnett like this.
  13. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Aww.

BTW, the orange Mr. Clean liquid is the best thing I've found for cleaning up cat pee.

Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.