1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I dreamed of my son last night.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:12 PM.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

My oldest son will have been gone seven years, this December 27th. I've only dreamed of him a few times, but last night was different. In my dream, we were riding in a brand new metallic green '57 Oldsmobile 98 four door hardtop. My wife was driving, I was sitting in the middle, of the front seat, and my son-in-law was sitting next me. We were stopped at signal light on a street that would cross main street in a little town about twenty miles from my house where I live.

The light was green for the traffic on main street, and as I sat there, by son went riding by big as you please on a brand new 8n Ford tractor. He had my oldest grandson who is now forty one years old sitting in his lap, but in the dream he was about two years old, but instantly recognizable to me. I could see both of them very clearly. I shouted for my wife to follow them, but she just sat there unable to move. My son in law said to me, we can't move because if he see us, it will influence what life he has left.

I began to try and move myself, but it was impossible, I shook violently from the effort, so much so that I broke into a sweat! I simply could not move. By the time we could all move again, and turned onto main street, he was no longer in sight, and I somehow knew it would avail me little to try and find him.

2. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Great detail for a Dream . My daughter has been gone for some time and usually in dreams only in passing vague conversation.

3. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."

Thomas Campbell

4. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

It's coming up to 19 years on Monday since my daughter passed from a diving accident... Not a day/night goes by without some recollection in my thoughts/dreams -- the detail and duration varies substantially but intensifies this time of year -- that's been my 'new normal' ever since.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 1:30 PM
  5. Rasmuth

Rasmuth Tele-Afflicted

On very rare occasion I dream of my dad, who passed in 2006...and it is truly a gift to hear his voice...lord I miss that man.

6. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

my wife. she died in 1995 at the age of 26 ...cancer is no respector of age is it...i nursed her myself to the end...she passed away in my arms and i still miss her terribly...i dream of her often.good dreams...and nightmares..we have a daughter...she was 7 when we lost her mum and telling her was the hardest walk i have ever had to take 20130703_064319-1.jpg
    wife was buried on valentines day..
    RIP Victoria
    Love You Forever

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 1:46 PM
  7. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

My heart goes out to all who have suffered a traumatic loss

8. Allenjason95

Allenjason95 Tele-Meister

I had a dream about my dead mom and sister last night. They both looked like they did when they were younger, healthy and not like they did at the time of their deaths. My sister seemed happy, my mom was her usual grouchy self. I was sad when I woke up and realized it was just a dream.

I used to dream all the time about my dead father (no my biological father but my uncle who raised me), he died by suicide and it was obviously very traumatic for the family. He would talk to me in my dreams and tell me why he did and that he was sorry and it actually freaked me out quite a bit. I would wake up terrified covered in sweat. I finally told him he was dead and shouldn't be talking to me and it stopped.

I don't believe in the supernatural and I think it was just my mind trying to deal with what happened but it was very realistic and disturbing.

9. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

let their memory shine
    they live on forever in our hearts
    dont mind me...i think ive got something in my eye

10. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Tele-Afflicted

My mom has been gone for 15 years now. A few years ago I had a dream where she was with me and we were talking. I had a few questions that I never thought to ask when she was alive, but those questions have been bugging me ever since she died. In my dream I was finally able to ask the questions, but some idiot would always barge in and interrupt. I was getting so upset because these were all trivial interruptions of little consequence. I never was able to ask those questions.

11. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Wow you guys. I'm so sorry you have been through this. It's just wrong to have to lose a son or daughter . Or a wife. UGH. My immediate family are all gone now. Sis went in late 2018. Mom and Dad in the early 90's.

12. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

I can't even imagine. I've only lost both parents and my oldest brother. I do NOT want to outlive any children or grandchildren.

Old Plank, boneyguy, Ronzo and 2 others like this.
  13. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

I have just been through something similar - though we are much older. I feel for you, and your daughter.

14. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

Thank you
    That was a nice thing to do
    Im sorry to hear of your loss and hope you are coping well
    Thanks again
    Skol
    Wulf

15. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Friend of Leo's

Sympathies and support to all of us coping with losses. The shadows indeed are always there......

Thank "God" for dogs, and music, and friends.

And memories.

Light on the water is pretty good medicine, too.....

16. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I imagine nothing is tougher than loosing a child. My heart and respect to you all.

Old Plank, Obsessed, alnicopu and 5 others like this.
  17. billboyd

billboyd NEW MEMBER!

It's very hard, as I sit here scrolling through this thread, to not have a tear in your eye, as a human being we all can relate, though some much more than others, I think it's one of the most redeeming qualities we share, in our ability to have compassion on those who've lost a loved one. My dad's been gone a little over five years, after having a stroke that left him unable to speak for the last 8 months of his life, a few days after his funeral, I was going through my saved voice messages on my iphone, and came across 3-4 messages he had left me prior to his stroke, to hear his voice after he passed was incredibly sad and pleasing at the same time, sad because of his passing and loss of communication before, and pleasing in the fact I was able to hear him talk, when I thought I would never hear that again. So let me say my heart and my best wishes and yes my prayers go out to each and every one here whose lives have been forever altered by the loss of their dear ones.

18. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

I can't even contemplate losing a child.

My brother died 14 years ago on my birthday. He was 42. It's bad enough, but it's not like losing a child.

He had his scrapes with the law as a young man. We both did, but he was definitely headed in a bad direction for a while.

The other day I was having a Springsteen day. I put on Nebraska knowing exactly what would happen when Highway Patrolman came on. But sometimes you have to let it happen.

I dream of him sometimes.

Old Plank, Toto'sDad and Wulf like this.
  19. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

One thing though something positive about all of this.
    these things make us tougher and more resiliant emotionally.
    those that think a tummyache and a migraine are the end of the world...or some other minor crisis is suddenly a major devastation.as life has never bitten them hard.i find myself emotionally hardened to that.
    these people out to try to walk a mile in any of our shoes

Toto'sDad and Greggorios like this.
  20. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Despite all of the sorrow this is a good thread.

"Shared pain is lessened, shared joy, increased..."
    from Callahan's Cross Time Saloon, Spider Robinson

scrapyardblue, Toto'sDad and Wulf like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.