I Dream Of.....Haircuts?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by boneyguy, Jul 11, 2019.

1. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

Well, I think this is funny and some of us older folks will get the 'joke'....I suppose.

I have had a heck of a time finding a consistently good barber for a few years. I'll go to someone and get a good cut and then the next time it's kinda awful....the kind I have to fix up when I get home. But finally I have found a great barber who I've been going to now for close to a year....she's a lovely Filipina woman....her name is Eden. Great little shop....lots of street parking...quiet, off the beaten path....she works alone so there's not a lot of jibber jabber going on in the shop and she consistently cuts my hair very well....and we have lively conversations.

So, naturally I put her name & number in my phone quite a few months ago. But it was only a couple of months ago when I pulled her name up on my phone to schedule a hair cut that I noticed how I had entered her name.

Barber - Eden

Made me laugh.

That's all I've got.

Mjark, Shuster, nojazzhere and 4 others like this.
  2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Hilarious!
    I’m a lifelong Barbara Eden fan.
    I hear you, regarding finding a good barber.
    Though I have precious little to work with, I want it like I want, dern it!
    I have found a good one, and I have been going to her for the last several years.
    She does a great job, and a hair cut and beard trim is $12.
    I always tip $5.
    Perfect!

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

That is funny. Gotta love how these things happen.

4. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

That's funny! I've gone to the same barber since about 1980. I almost always go several months between haircuts, so I always leave my $20 bill, taking no change. His prices have gone up some, though, so that's not as big a tip as it used to be, percentage-wise.

5. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Back in the day my dad would take his three sons for haircuts every Saturday morning to a local four chair barbershop. Cost a whopping $0.25 a head. This was back when they wrapped a hot towel around the back of your neck, lathered it up, shaved it, slapped on some astringent smellum, and then flapped it with a powdered brush to finish off the haircut. Four haircuts for a dollar. No idea if or how much he tipped.
    The head barber and owner was Jack Seville. I wasn't old enough to catch the significance of "Barber of Seville".
    When he went up to $0.50 a haircut Dad started taking us every other week. I've always hated haircuts.

boneyguy and nojazzhere like this.
  6. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Ok, first of all, slightly relieved that OP is not actually dreaming about getting a hair cut, although I'm not prepared to say why, exactly. My second thought was to post of photo of Barbara Eden, for the younger TDPRI'ers just as a point of reference, ya know.

Of course, ever mindful of the avoidance of cheesecake for the sake of cheesecake, I'm not gonna do that. Just wouldn't be TDPRight. But I did find a slightly relevant photo (5-string bass) and a link for grins:

mike_gordon_barbara_eden.jpg

https://relix.com/blogs/detail/mike...eden_from_i_dream_of_jeannie_to_a_phish_show/

7. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Wait - is that actually Jeannie or her evil sister?
    ;)

teletimetx likes this.
  8. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

In a moment of deep synchronicity, I was going to post "I Dream of Jeannie With The Light Brown... Haircut."
    I have obviously been severely and most thoroughly out-posted! Kudos!
    Barbara Eden is the very best.

boneyguy likes this.
  9. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm in the same boat, but Still looking!
    Every time I go to get my hair cut, the last girl moved to another shop? And it is a flip of a coin weather I'm going to have to break out my FlowBee to clean up their mess!
    That old FlowBee is great, just need somebody to trim around your neck and ears.

10. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

My local barber shop which started the same year I moved here has had big changes. The family that started it a father son and his wife grew it up to about six chairs. Before that the father and son had a shop in Washington DC. The old man cut my hair he's great but has since retired. Then I moved to his son who's a few years younger than me. He's also good. They sold the shop to a young entrepreneur who manages a restaurant in the shopping center. Supposedly there was an agreement that the former principals would stay for a certain length of time but their son started his own shop and they bailed to go and work with him. There have been some hard feelings because Vicky and Tony, especially Vicky were big draws to the shop. I've been going to the new shop to stick with Tony.

11. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

I remember when Bugs Bunny sang "I dream of Jeannie...she's a light brown hare..." lol

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.