I don't like the way Strats look

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Lenderman_k, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, this. They compliment each other so well; I just don't get the "this or that" stuff.

2. Chancerubbage

Chancerubbage Tele-Meister

I don't think a strat is ugly, but I do have mixed feelings about them. Due to its ubiquity and the countless copies, it has the honor of simultaneously being the most boring guitar and one of the most interesting at the same time. It can be beautiful and versatile, and you have probably seen one in the hands of some of the most boring uninteresting guitar players you have ever seen. Really the only thing that bothers me about them is the middle pickup sometimes being in the way of my pick. But man have I seen some completely competent yet totally unimaginative safe playing done on one. The burden of being a standard bearer? The prototypical symbol of electric guitar for people who couldn't even tell you how many strings a guitar had? It can be exotically beautiful if you have the smallest affinity towards them, yet so blasé and boring in general.

3. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

it's a Zombie Troll thread from 2011? :neutral:

4. Ike286

Ike286 Tele-Holic

One thing to me is, I LOVE the tele headstock. Some people think it's really odd, or weird, and they think that the strat headstock is the standard and what they should all look like. To me They have to have their own headstock. A strat looks funny with a tele headstock, and a tele looks funny with a strat headstock. And in general, the only GOOD headstocks are the one's modeled after the VERY early models. 1952 telecaster, and 54 and similar strat. I like the old original designs, except on the strat, that it only had a 3-way switch, but.....

5. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Friend of Leo's

I guess my 1st "REAL" guitar I ever bought and still have is the Triple whammy of ugly then.

1) It's a Statocaster
    2) It has the HATED Antigua finish
    3) It has the BIG 70's headstock

It was played for over 10 yrs. in clubs and concert stages
    and proved itself as a worthy partner. I'll never sell it no matter what others think. :)

[​IMG]

6. Ike286

Ike286 Tele-Holic

Ok, I have to admit though... that guitar has some SERIOUS mojo... And actually looks pretty cool. At least it doesnt have a floyd.... lol Out of all the things that define an ugly strat to me... this one has all of them, yet it looks awesome!

7. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Friend of Leo's

damned zombie trolls.

Just remember kids, if you say something stupid on the interwebz, it'll hang around for a long time.

8. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

Looks pretty cool to me. I like the one non-matching pickup!

9. ME262

ME262 Tele-Holic

+1

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.