I don't know about the best food ever, but

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Naval Oranges are awesome. As a kid walking to school, there were lots of fruit trees hanging over the fences or on the strip by the sidewalk. Plums, Apricots, Apples but mostly big thick juicy Naval Oranges. They are seasonal here in Texas for the California ones and I go through a 4Lb. sack from Wally World in a week. Love um.

0524221125.jpg

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
We consume a lot of navel oranges but try to avoid Walmart stores. Walmart is depressing on a few levels.
Can't say I blame you. Unfortunately it usually has full stock in the grocery department and I don't like going to 2 or 3 places to get what I want. There are definitely lots of downside. The one I go to is quite clean and the prices are good. Clown people are always in abundance though.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
We stopped shopping at WalMart (for the most part). Lots of reasons. A good one is there are two other good stores in our area, both of which are local, small chains.

We don't eat much citrus here, but I agree about navel oranges.

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
We consume a lot of navel oranges but try to avoid Walmart stores. Walmart is depressing on a few levels.

I LOVE Walmart parking lot/ pickup app.

Order whatever the day before & drive to # spot/check in- never go inside!

* I'm on a cubed watermelon, pineapple, cantaloupe kick!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Proper name would be WalMart. Lot's of folks call it Wally World because of the cartoon characters who visit it.
We have a neighborhood WalMart that is just a delight to shop at. It's geographically positioned I believe to attract folks in the neighborhood, and all the patrons seem to be just normal folks like I see out on my walk. We get our prescriptions there, and the lady pharmacist who works there always comes out to greet my wife. The fellow who does my prescriptions always seems to see me, and either waves, and smiles, or comes out to say hello. If I want to go see the circus, it's only three and a half miles down to the Super Center! 🤣🤣

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Now that I am unsupervised, I buy stuff like that but have to admit I still expect a slap in the back of the head when I reach for them. Gotta love them oversized spice drops.

I love 'em but to tell the truth, I only buy them once in a while. I have NO self- control where they are concerned. I always tell myself, I'm going to eat just one or two of these. Then in a little while my wife will ask; TD did you eat ALL of the orange slices AGAIN?! 😇

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I love 'em but to tell the truth, I only buy them once in a while. I have NO self- control where they are concerned. I always tell myself, I'm going to eat just one or two of these. Then in a little while my wife will ask; TD did you eat ALL of the orange slices AGAIN?! 😇
LOL - I bought a tub of "Mixed Fruit" slices on my last trip. First time I've had them since I snuck a bag of twizzlers in the house and caught major grief. I read your post and went for one and had 2 "Lime" and two "Lemon" ones. I'm saving all the Orange ones for a binge on Memorial day.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
LOL - I bought a tub of "Mixed Fruit" slices on my last trip. First time I've had them since I snuck a bag of twizzlers in the house and caught major grief. I read your post and went for one and had 2 "Lime" and two "Lemon" ones. I'm saving all the Orange ones for a binge on Memorial day.
I didn't want to say "TUB," because that sounds so much worse than "package!" I know exactly what you're talking about. I used to buy them three at a time, but I knew it was basically like committing sugar suicide, so I quit doing that. I do like the mixed flavor ones too! 🤣

Flaneur

Poster Extraordinaire
Spanish oranges are the best, over here. The alternatives tend to have been picked earlier and spent a lot more time afloat, before reaching the stores. I don't eat oranges, once the Iberian crop is out of season.
Except in Cal. My buddy in the Bay Area has a tree in his yard. I never tire of the pleasure- picking your breakfast fruit, straight off the branch. :cool:

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Spanish oranges are the best, over here. The alternatives tend to have been picked earlier and spent a lot more time afloat, before reaching the stores. I don't eat oranges, once the Iberian crop is out of season.
Except in Cal. My buddy in the Bay Area has a tree in his yard. I never tire of the pleasure- picking your breakfast fruit, straight off the branch. :cool:

I used to look for Spanish blood oranges. Their taste had a zing to them that I can't find in other oranges.