I don't have time to work anymore, it's a good thing I'm retired.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Apr 27, 2019.

1. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

We refer to them as "Targets".

Toto'sDad likes this.
  2. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

I went in to Macy's. Asked for some help.
    The Clerk said: The Graveyard is about a mile and a half south of here.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Looking forward to it, but if you get here and there's a black wreath on the door, well, the tee time has been delayed. :lol:

4. Toto'sDad

So do about 97.8 percent of the California drivers. The others just hit anything that moves.

5. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Being Retired sucked at first, I was used being around a bunch of people all the time, mind running 100mph 24/7!!
    Then it was like jumping into the slooowwww lane, no hurry, no dead lines, no 20 people asking you 40 different questions. Didn't know what to do with my time all of a sudden, and still working on it! I get bored with stuff so fast, I'm off to try something else out. Looking for a new scroll saw now, that should keep me busy again;)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  6. lousy13

lousy13 Tele-Meister

After 40 years in the Tech Manufacturing business (Semiconductors and Disc Drives) I called it quits. No more overseas travel unless I want to explore someplace new with my wife. Loving the time I have to play guitar and fly fish. Our next major task is downsizing and moving to another location in Colorado. Not so easy these days because of the housing market. Many of my work friends have either retired already or will soon. It's a great feeling knowing my identity isn't tied to a large corporation anymore.

7. grayback

grayback TDPRI Member

I retired 2 years ago-mandatory at age 57 for federal firefighters. After 37 years with the US Forest Service, I was at a loss about what to do with myself. Picked up a guitar for the first time...problem solved.

GPlo likes this.
  8. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

[QUOTE="Toto'sDad, post: 9058189, member: 69567"I don't have time to work anymore, it's a good thing I'm retired![/QUOTE]

Chuckle.....lots of good responses.

I love being retired even though I'm not rolling in buckaroos.
    Only me and the wife, no kids and just paying bills.

I've just surpassed 72 and am quite elated I lived long enough to enjoy some 'retirement' years.
    Boy....you think time goes fast with age in the general sense?.....when you retire time travels faster than the SOL. :)

I retired in December 2010 and in my glee I wrote/recorded this song in about 2 weeks and dedicated to us retirees.
    https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=12929725
    Hope you find it worthy of your time.

A good day to all....especially those that are not in the 'retirement' fold quite yet. :)

Carry on....

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Shuster likes this.
  9. Toto'sDad

Now that's just plain cool! I really did get up and get ready to go to work a couple of times, and realize I wasn't going anywhere. That's pretty cool that you wrote a song, and recorded it about being retired, oughta be the national anthem for us old geezers! Thank for sharing.

10. Toto'sDad

When I first went to work for my company, I was expected to log sixty thousand bucks a month in sales plus do consulting, and collecting. I met that, then it was seventy, then it was eighty, by the time I retired, I was doing 125,000 to 150,000, my last month I did over two hundred thousand. When you HAVE to turn up the bucks every month, it really puts pressure on you, especially in the last days of the month before cut off so I know what you are saying. Two hundred thousand may not seem like a lot of money, but when it's mostly small parts, you have to keep the pedal to the metal.

Shuster likes this.
  11. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

Chortle.......

The music is an easy 1/IV/V'er and for some enigmatic reason the lyrics came out rather quickly and I'm not a fast song writer.
    I thank you for giving it a listen, the kind words and favorable comments.

I'm just another old fossil trying to keep the song writing creativity alive and kicking.

Thanks again....carry on.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  12. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

there is no need for your apology but i want you to know that i really appreciate your concern. thank you!

play music!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  13. gooman

gooman TDPRI Member

i just put tires on my olds last feb probably the last set she is getting rusty from road salt in the corn belt have had 20 ft of brake line replaced due to rust............

Toto'sDad likes this.
  14. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

One thing I don't miss a bit, is driving right into insane traffic!! When we built our house, you saw more trees than roof tops,,,, Bye,Bye Trees:(

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Retiring this June. My wife is already retired. We are sorting out the money issues, house and auto expenses, but when all is said and done we will be OK financially in retirement. I'll miss the people for sure but not the business itself. I've kind of joined a new (for me) band that plays out a couple of times a month and I'm eager to play. Hope everyone gets a chance at retirement!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. Toto'sDad

It takes a few months to adjust. At first you feel a little guilty that you aren't working, but once you relax you'll love it!

17. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I can see that. As part of my retirement I negotiated a 4 day week. It's been awesome but I do have some guilt feelings. I'm sure I will adapt. Plenty to do for sure!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  18. Toto'sDad

Retirement is a totally different mindset. Most jobs require you to pursue deadlines, meet goals, improve your abilities etc. Being retired has no boundaries you make of it what you wish. Being your own boss, takes some getting used to, even if you were your own boss at work.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.