I Don't Feel Like Writing Songs Today ( Mix content )

suthol

Friend of Leo's
I haven't put one up for a while so here goes.

Max and his daughter attended a songwriting retreat in Katoomba a couple of years ago, the mentors were Alan Caswell, Lyn Bowtell & another who's name escapes me.

Max may have had one or two too many glasses of wine with Alan and this is his reflection of going out for some fresh air to clear his head on the Sunday morning.

Max on lead vocal, Max, Julie and I singing harmony, I'm on guitars & bass, piano and drums are from BIAB

Sadly Bob had left us by the time this was recorded but does have tracks on the forthcoming Vol.2.

Comments welcome, as usual it's no available for download and I'll leave it up for a few days for comment before pulling it down

I Don't Feel Like Writing Songs Today

loudboy

Tele-Afflicted
The OOOHs coming in the little post-bridge instrumental section are really loud. I'd swap the level with the little guitar lick?

suthol

Friend of Leo's
The OOOHs coming in the little post-bridge instrumental section are really loud. I'd swap the level with the little guitar lick?
Thanks for the comment

I feel they are too loud too but that is where Max wanted them when we did the mix today, I might sneak them down a bit more and see what feedback I get

suthol

Friend of Leo's
I've pulled the oohs down a bit and discovered an artefact of an earlier mix where the ahs increased in level from start to finish so I have flattened them off and found a mid point level that seems to sit in the mix better.

I'll have a listen with fresh ears in the morning, possibly tweak again and then repost.

I think I'll start another thread tomorrow to start a conversation on the pros and cons of progressive mixing Vs remixing.

The latter is what I have been doing and I feel there is a trap there

woodman

Grand Wazoo @ The Woodshed
Gold Supporter
Dave, I'm getting a Soundcloud window saying This track was not found. Maybe it has been removed ... ???