I don't enjoy dancing

bgmacaw

Doctor of Teleocity
I will have to admit to performing choreographed musical dance, tap dancing, square dancing and even disco when I was young. Now I've got the excuse of a "bad hip" to avoid such displays of fancy footwork.

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
I remember when that song was on all of the jukeboxes in America! I'd hazard a guess though that ALL of those dancers were professionals. I have on rare occasion seen anyone doing the things they are doing there.
Oh yeah. That video clip, though dated, wasn't anything resembling spontaneous.
Still, cool moves from a cool time though.
I will have to admit to performing choreographed musical dance, tap dancing, square dancing and even disco when I was young. Now I've got the excuse of a "bad hip" to avoid such displays of fancy footwork.
I declined a request to dance from a very nice "young" lady at the Floyd Country Store (Those who know, know) on a very nice Saturday night. a couple of summers back. I had been hiking and my back was killing me.
Besides, I can fake a poorly executed shuffle, but that flat footing would require a "hip" transplant.
I dig it immensely, but this body wasn't trained for it in youth.
Watcha expect from a shrit kicking old rocker-roller.

NoTeleBob

Friend of Leo's
Like most of you, I have a better sense of beat and music than 99.5% of the population.

But I have no idea what to do on a dance floor. Never have. Never will.

Knows3Chords

Tele-Afflicted
Whenever I've been dragged out on the dance floor the whole time all I keep thinking is "how long is this damn song?!". That and the hope that I can get out of there after just one song.

To me the worst possible situation is when your just trying to get to the bar and someone grabs you into the gravitational pull of the chicken dance. I'm so glad that wedding tradition finally got purged from polite society.

Doctor of Teleocity
I love to dance. I went for several years without doing it much, though.

Today, as funny as this sounds, I danced, and I made some people smile. Not because I am good, but because I am funny and unique when I dance. I do not care if I look silly. I am myself, and I have fun.

Dancing is one way to be about as free as you can be.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I liked the dances we had in school, and they had a special one every Friday night at the rec hall just down from the school. When I was a young whipper snapper, I liked what passed for dancing in the early rock and roll days. I really like slow dancing, 'cause you got to hug one of them cuties up next to you! It was really fun in those days, but I never cared for bar dancing at all.

tlsmack

Tele-Afflicted
I recently found myself in a situation where many beautiful women were looking for a dance partner. I am a horrible dancer and was very reluctant. Then a friend of a friend handed me a shot of tequila and said "With enough alcohol, a man can do anything." It was the most fun I had in years.

tweeet

Tele-Afflicted
I hate dancing...always have. Back in the day when the school 'prom' would be under way I'd sit in the corner and wait until 15 mins before the end when the slow dances would come on...that I would do as I was almost guaranteed a kiss after it ! Over the next 40 years nothing has changed...I still will not dance...in 22 years I've never danced with the Mrs. Oh yes...also I will not dress up either for halloween...parties etc...I leave that to the grandkids !