I don't enjoy dancing

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
I’ll dance at a club, but I don’t know how to dance ballroom dancing. I tried to learn the two-step but never got the hang of it. Women do like guys who can dance though.

Canadiense. El

Tele-Meister
Practically everyone loves (or at least likes) to dance. My wife and her girlfriends can dance all night, and love to. I find it completely boring. If the song is REALLY something I like, OK, but I don't want to keep going after that. Am I the only the only one who feels this way? I'm just curious... I have a feeling that maybe people who play music are less likely to be big on dancing, but who knows.
Dare I say that you haven't found the right kind of dance... or the right partner to do it with.

As someone who's danced salsa and bachata (took lessons, lots of socials, never at a high level), I can say that it is a *skill* and - especially for us men (the lead) - the better you get the more fun it gets. But it's still a form of expression, like playing guitar is, so maybe it's not the way you naturally want to express yourself. That said, if you only know 1 or 2 steps, how are you going to express yourself or have any fun? Just sayin'...

Telenator

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
I feel like an orangutan when I attempt to dance.

I will however admit to enjoying the embrace of a slow dance, on a dimly lit dance floor with my partner repeatedly needing to raise my hands back up above her hips. Muah ha ha! Just slowly twirling around...

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
"Wagon wheel" gets ragged on here (and I would not have heard of it if it hadn't been for TDPRI, so thanks a ton!) but why not get your mates together and do the "wheel" move from the beginning of this video to shake it up.

DekeDog

Friend of Leo's
Music that makes you want to move, music that swings is what it's all about. "Dance music," or music written for the express purpose of dancing, or DJs spinning dance tunes, don't really do it for me, and I'd rather be somewhere else or doing something else. Death to Disco.

Knows3Chords

Tele-Afflicted
Death to Disco.

I had one of these as a kid.

dread.PNG
dread reverse.PNG

MarkieMark

Friend of Leo's
My dancing has gotten me kicked out of better places than this...

True story. The fight between me and my high school prom date over my refusal to dance will probably never be forgotten by any other attendee. It involved a clothing change in the bushes, a walk home and a visit to the police station.
And more sordid details that should never be told.
And yet she was still sitting on my stoop when I got home to finish chewing me out.

But I digress.

I later learned to drop my inhibitions. Discovered that the girl I was eyeing didn't care that I was a bad dancer, just that I would try.

So I learned to bust a move without shame.