Ad Free Member
I'm thinking more like this one...

Tom T. Hall tune!
My old hippie band did it.
F3E27C56-E564-4C42-B07A-91E5EF36931B.jpeg

People danced when Woodie Ray sang it!

loopfinding

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm not so much talking about moving around and getting into the music while watching a live act. More like when there's a who DJ runs one song into another, into another into...yawn... another...

fair enough.

but i will say there is a difference between seeing house or techno DJs nonstop in a club and like, a wedding DJ or a guy being a human ipod at the bar. the former is an experience...the real heads go to get loopy and dance, socializing is the secondary thing. the latter is more just a background activity for the social gathering. though there are of course various intersections of both.

Last edited:

monkeybanana

Tele-Afflicted
I dance in the privacy of my own home, in the dark, with the shades down. I have long hair now so I can headbang too.

But you won't catch me at the disco!

aging_rocker

Poster Extraordinaire
fair enough.

but i will say there is a difference between seeing house or techno DJs nonstop in a club and like, a wedding DJ or a guy being a human ipod at the bar...
Oh yeah! The vibe and the music have to be right.

I've been prone to attacks of dancing over the years, from the early days of punk (was that actually dancing?) through the 80's and 90's cavorting about round campfires at festivals and the dance/rave business, but these days I occasionally perform the 'rhythmical shifting of weight from one foot to the other, while nodding the head and generally swaying a bit' thing on occasion.

Last Friday night was one of those occasions, so yes, I'm still doing it. Herself does it much better than me, always has done, but her knees paid the price for a few days afterwards - oh the joys of aging...

Alamo

Doctor of Teleocity
C'mon it's easy
listen to da riddim and get going.
warm up, make sure the seams of your pants and you are ready for the splits :cool:

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Practically everyone loves (or at least likes) to dance. My wife and her girlfriends can dance all night, and love to. I find it completely boring. If the song is REALLY something I like, OK, but I don't want to keep going after that. Am I the only the only one who feels this way? I'm just curious... I have a feeling that maybe people who play music are less likely to be big on dancing, but who knows.
When I was in High School, I was actually an assistant ballroom dance instructor. Had a regular partner, and we competed in several dance competitions..... did pretty well. At some point, I lost all interest, and in turn lost all dancing ability. My ex LOVED to dance, (disco era) so I occasionally went dancing with her. (with obvious dislike) She eventually would go with her girlfriends, and met many of the guys she cheated on me with. Yeah, I have a particular aversion to dancing.....:(

Last edited:

John Backlund

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I don't/won't dance, but I really like watching certain videos of others dancing...if they do it well, that is.

I especially like watching talented people dancing Boogie-woogie, but can be just as entertained by Tennessee Cloggers, California shuffle-dancing girls, and the great dancers from the thirties and forties such as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.

Spox

Tele-Holic
I'll move at a gig, just the head nodding along to the music and leg going but I will not dance at things like clubs and weddings, used to when in teens. During my thirties I was in two LTRs with women who were trained dancers and at social occasions I could actually see them seething in a cold rage at me when everyone was hitting the dancefloor.