I dinged my new guitar. What to do

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by CaineIsCarter, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Crawldaddy

Crawldaddy Tele-Meister

I have a buddy who dinged his "64 strat build" before he even finished putting it together. He managed to drop then entire bridge assembly onto the guitar's top while trying to do a dry-fit. Oh wells! He had no choice but to soldier on.

CaineIsCarter likes this.
  2. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Obviously there are different types of players who treat their guitars differently. Those of us who are not gigging musicians and, who want to keep our guitars in near mint condition are more protective of our prized instruments. Others, who gig see dings, chips, or minor blemishes as just a part of the instruments life and normal wear and tear. To each their own.

I was taught to take care of my possessions. I take care of my cars, my furniture, etc. If I were gigging musician, I would have guitars that I only used for gigs and would keep my treasured guitars at home. Even famous guitarists admit that they no longer take their prized guitars on the road with them. They’re just too valuable or too important to the players to risk damage or theft.

Those who responded in this thread advising caution and pointing out the downside or risks of attempting a repair gave the OP a valuable point of view. However, those who suggest that the OP should just grin and bear it, perhaps don’t understand his relationship with the instrument or how he prefers to care for his instruments.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    CaineIsCarter and Fendereedo like this.
  3. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Ban John Meyer threads. I can’t stop laughing.

Fretting out likes this.
  4. Rich724

Rich724 Tele-Meister

Don't fret about it. It's a story you will tell 20 years from now.

5. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted

just come up with a good story. "That's from the time I had to hit <whoever> in the head when they crashed the stage after doing 13 shots of Ouzo".

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.