I did the silly driveway photo thing again (amp version)

Brian Krashpad

Tele-Afflicted
Did the neighborhood cower in fear after seeing that much firepower in one spot?

Haha, I think it was more like people scratching their heads and muttering "Jeez, didn't he do that just two years ago?"

With the exception of the neighbors who live directly next door to the driveway, who just moved in a few months ago. Who were probably a combination of mortified and confused in equal measure. For them it was probably more like "OMG, what kind of weirdo did we move in next door to?!" (The other neighbors all know I'm a weirdo.) ;)

Last edited:

Brian Krashpad

Tele-Afflicted
I neglected to preface my comment that your driveway needs a Vox Super Beatle,
with how cool all of those amps are!!

Haha, I need an amp that giant like I need a hole in the head! Though obviously it went well past "need" about 25 years ago, with me.

If I need a shot of Super Beatles, I'll just watch a Tom Petty live viddy. Although on a lot of songs, reportedly those were just for show. See attached photo of Mike's little Fenders doing the heavy lifting.

Attachments

• Mike Campbell Fender amps behind Vox Super Beatles.jpg
    Mike Campbell Fender amps behind Vox Super Beatles.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 10

Brian Krashpad

Tele-Afflicted
You truly have an amp for any type of gig! Do you have a pile of extra tubes or do you just move them between amps as needed?

I literally have like 2 spare tubes currently, and couldn't even tell you what they are. A buddy sent them to me, for the little Vox, to see if a change-over would change its tone/performance, but now that I got the AC30, I'm going to sell the little Vox, as redundant. Basically if I have an amp go down due to a tube issue, I just switch to a different amp, while I take the downed amp to my amp tech to suss the prob.