1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

I cleaned my garage and I feel joy

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Apr 21, 2021.

1. VonBonfire

VonBonfire Tele-Meister

wish I had a garage like that. I'd park my rig out in the hail and turn it into a music studio for recording, rehearsal, and jamming. Right now I'd settle for a shed then I can turn the house into the studio. All my tools are stored in my living room and kitchen right now. Lumber prices making further construction projects cost prohibitive right now.

studio1087 likes this.
  2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

That's rough, not having space or spending cash, I can relate though I have a good bit of space that filled with stuff.

Cool that you can still play music, most 100 year olds aren't so lucky!

studio1087, VonBonfire and teleman1 like this.
  3. VonBonfire

VonBonfire Tele-Meister

First world problems, me having sub-1000sq ft.

I have cash I"m just not paying $50 for a sheet of half inch plywood right now. After losing power and water for a week straight during the great Texas blizzard of '21 I thought having some self operated utilities i.e water collection and generator, would be a better investment than overpriced hockey sticks from Lowes.

studio1087 and telemnemonics like this.
  4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

Texas got slammed into third world problems for a while there.
    True the feeding frenzy now is worth waiting out.
    Makes a lot of sense to have some self sufficiency too, that's much of why i moved to Maine in '08, saw a lot of writing on the wall and abandoned city living.
    I could be happy to leave snow country but too many places have water shortages or other issues like wildfires, tornadoes, earthquakes, extreme cost of living, scorching summer heat, flooding etc.

The crap they now call plywood is pretty dismal too!
    Used to at least be flat, WTH?

VonBonfire and studio1087 like this.
  5. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm also in this process, both apt and garage. Couldnt do much without furniture, which I'm slowly piecing together.

Looking forward to having space to park my car if possible. If not I got a huge driveway.

studio1087 likes this.
  6. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

A clean garage (and having your vehicles safely inside the garage) is a cause for celebration.

I won't have it any other way.

Right now I have some temporary clutter in and around my van and motorcycle, but that's only because we are experiencing an uncharacteristic Spring frost this morning, and I had to pull a LOT of plants in for the night.

It'll be cleared out and neat as a pin by noon or so.

:)

studio1087 likes this.
  7. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

The definition of a garage is a place you store all of your crap while your $35.000+ vehicle sits out in the elements

Our workroom has been labeled the garage because of all the stuff/junk in there. At least we have a carport so one of the three vehicles gets a little relief

studio1087 and VonBonfire like this.
  8. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

Congrats. I tackle mine on Monday... it’s so bad, I had to recruit my son to help...

studio1087 likes this.
  9. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I knew a holy man who used to say, “Action defeats anxiety”.
    Nice work.

10. VonBonfire

VonBonfire Tele-Meister

I had actually bought a smaller 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank and a five gallon stainless steel cook pot for boiling water for de-feathering chickens about two weeks before the storm. Wife looked at me like "kinda a waste of money right now" until the storm hit then she only had praise for my purchase seeing as how we could flush the toilet and have drinking water too. That and having a lot of cut firewood for the wood stove and some food stashed saved out butts. Stimulus check came and the whole thing bought a 1500 gallon norwesco tank. I drink about 2-3 gallons a day all summer so I'm a little paranoid about having water on hand.

There were people here who've never experienced that kind of weather. Your average ME winter day was a killer for people here. I grew up in the great white north where a twenty degree day was par for the course, no big deal. Let's just say I'm working on my own utilities and food supply and have now doubled down on my efforts seeing as how they are already talking about rolling blackouts here this summer.

Maine looks beautiful and I've considered it several times seeing as how I can buy ten acres on the atlantic ocean for the price of a dry piece of scrub land here but no more snow for this guy. I'm here for the playing opportunities. If they don't return then I'll cash in. Maybe head to Florida and buy a boat. Always wanted to sail to exumas.

As for the plywood, it's straight it's just full of voids these days. I meant the studs they sell are warped hockey sticks. Ain't my daddy's lumber anymore, haha.

telemnemonics and studio1087 like this.
  11. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Disorder stresses me out. I love having everything well-organized and in its proper place. I tackled the attic and closets over the winter. The garage is next on my list, once the spring yardwork is finished.

VonBonfire and studio1087 like this.
  12. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

I feel bad for John. The tractor is a sore point. Prior to this awesome red one he used to have a JD 455, probably the best lawn/garden tractor ever made. I have one too and it punches above it's weight. I use mine to plow snow.

13. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

Beck wants to know if you've got "two turntables and. microphone."

telemnemonics likes this.
  14. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

I live in what a lot of you'd call clutter
    however, I know where everything is, and feel no need to make everything appear all tidy
    If I were to do that, it'd be for others' benefit
    *&^% 'em :)

telemnemonics and Scooter91 like this.
  15. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

I'm keeping that quote. It's quite true.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.