1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

"I Care A Lot" - excellent new movie on netflix

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by thunderbyrd, Feb 28, 2021.

1. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Saw online that Rosamund Pike just won a Golden Globe for her part; well deserved.

thunderbyrd likes this.
  2. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Watched with Ms. Nutz Friday night. I liked it, but we both agreed that Pike's character could have had more background. Why was she so motivated to be mean? What was it with her mother that she didn't give a nuff. Things like that ...

3. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

Actual true facts are often stranger, or worse, than fiction.

4. Octorfunk

Octorfunk Tele-Holic

I watched it based on this recommendation, and enjoyed it . Very different from most stuff out there.

5. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Holic

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    Mrs Fuelish and I watched it over the weekend, thought it was great - a movie doesn't have to be pleasant to be great. It kept me watching the whole thing without falling asleep.....that's sayin' something ;)

6. johnnylaw

johnnylaw Tele-Afflicted

Ben Franklin is reputed to have said, “If you want to get to know someone, share an inheritance with them”.
    As one working in the field, this film leaves me somewhat apprehensive in this time when so many fail to distinguish “realty” TV from reality.
    Truly, the majority of damage control professional guardians muster on behalf if the clients is due to the behavior of family and “friends”. Even in a state with mandated reporting of elder abuse, we often arrive after “the cow is out of the barn”.
    I can envision a scenario where this fictional drama results negatively in the imaginations of people who will now think they “understand” guardianship.
    There will always be parasites. Actual professional guardians should not be indicted due to this highly rated TV show.

thunderbyrd likes this.
  7. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

that is a thoughtful post and i agree. i do not think the movie represents any exact legal situation that exists today (at least, i hope it doesn't exist) and i hope nobody does get wrong ideas about guardianship from the movie.

what interested me was the whole concept of how "the system" benefits the villian in this particular fictional set-up. she has a dishonest, greedy doctor, a dishonest nursing home manager, and an ignorant egotistical judge working on her behalf. once the nice old lady looks outside and sees the cops, well, how do you argue with that? once someone sticks a legal paper in your face, how do you know?

8. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Macon Blair? He had a production credit on that one too, great flick. Try "Green Room" and "I Don't Feel at Home in This World" too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.