I cant stop playing my Strat!

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by dreamingtele, Oct 12, 2021.

1. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I’m not even a Strat guy!

i love teles. Still do. After playing them exclusively for years. I dont think I’ll ever not love them.

not today. Today is strat day, again, for the last 3 weeks.. lol

i havent even touched my no.1, the 330 since! Lol

[​IMG]Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

[​IMG]Untitled by D Y, on Flickr

2. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

Beautiful gits, either way.

Festofish likes this.
  3. dreamingtele

thank you sir!

yessir. I did sell ALL my guitars for that red one though. Even my most cherished duo of 62 reissue teles!

i Couldnt afford anything else so its been my guitar for the past 1.5 years.

got a nice break and was able to get a strat. After owning 3. Which didnt work.

now, its the best thing ever. Lol.

4. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

be careful, strats can ruin your playing

drlucky likes this.
  5. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Doctor of Teleocity

You have great taste!
    20200420_151903.jpg

My '97 Tex-Mex ( a lot of worn out>changed out parts, including the neck 2 years ago, and Fat '50's pickups in 2000)
    My #1 electric since I got it- light and funky! A 'million gigs and jams' together

6. dreamingtele

You know, I play a lot differently on a strat! I seem to bang on it, like I should be coaxing out the sounds from it.

with teles, yes, there’s still a little fight, but on a strat, its like give me war!

7. dreamingtele

whew! Thats nice! Nothing like a guitar with pure history of rock and roll!

believe it or not, this also has Fat50’s. Its just a stock 2014 American Standard.

see, this is what I’m talking about. Its not even custom shop, or boutique. All stock. Its not even in the color I think id want on a strat, like shell pink or something exotic.

But i cant put it down. Lol

Blackmore Fan and Chiogtr4x like this.
  8. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Poster Extraordinaire

It’s a fad. Strats will never catch on.

9. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Cool guitar. I like what Jeff Beck had to say about Strats. Here's an interview from not too long ago.

"Beck also said the Strat inspires him to dig deeper.

" 'I’m an experimenter. ... Really you’ve got to hand it to the Fender Strat, because there are songs in [that guitar]. It’s a tool of great inspiration and torture at the same time because it’s forever sitting there challenging you to find something else in it, but it is there if you really search.' "

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/jeff-beck-why-my-strat-always-beats-les-paul

10. dreamingtele

hahahah! Oh man! I hope it lasts longer then.

11. dreamingtele

i guess in all the strats Ive had before, those didnt really inspire me to dig deeper.

this one, i feel, is really cool sounding and playing guitar that inspires me to pick it up and practice and “dig deeper”.

Blackmore Fan and SRHmusic like this.
  12. Boreas

Boreas Poster Extraordinaire

As long as it's plugged in, I like my Strat, but I hate its acoustic qualities. The trem becomes a large part of the sound, and not in a good way. I would probably prefer a hard tail. I would block it, but I do like the trem. I did a heavy fret dress last winter and it plays like a dream. But I still can't bond with the large number of tone choices it provides. All I do is search for a tone I can settle on. With my Teles, it is usually just the neck pickup. I can see why people like them, but a Strat isn't my personal favorite.

Attached Files:

13. dreamingtele

i totally get you sir!

im 99% on the bridge pickup on a tele. Hehehe.

i’m still getting used to the plethora of sounds to be had. I think I needed to learn how to play a strat, rather than make it play like a tele.

Boreas likes this.
  14. JoeNeri

JoeNeri Friend of Leo's

Don’t label yourself. Magic happens when you bond with a guitar, no matter what kind of guitar. Enjoy!

15. Skyhook

Skyhook Tele-Holic

I was immediately reminded by the old joke: "How do you stop a guitar player from playing? Put some sheet music in front of him!".
    So... in the name of empirical science... have you tried sheet music? :)

If that doesn't do the trick, here are some other helpful devices(ordered by severity). ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

16. dreamingtele

thank you sir!

Ive never thought of this!

17. dreamingtele

yes! Ive tried sheet music

i cant read notes! Hahahahahaha. So it needs to have chords on top. Lololololol.

and love that chord contrAption you got there. Hehe

Skyhook likes this.
  18. Phrygian77

Phrygian77 Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I've played my Strat a lot since I finished it. The glassy neck pickup and position 2 tones inspire me to play differently. I love it, but I still, and always will, prefer the feel of my Teles. I have eight T types one S type. I think that's a good ratio.

JL_LI and howardlo like this.
  19. arlum

arlum Tele-Afflicted Platinum Supporter

The Stratocaster has voices other guitars don't. I think their 2 and 4 pickup positions are the very best clean rhythm tones of any electric model type available. It's like they're infused with air and sound a bit 3D or have an inherent reverb quality. Plus, (and I own three Tele-Types), the neck pickup position works as well with high gain as the bridge pup on a Stratocaster. On my Telecasters I think the bridge pickup handles high gain equally as well as a Stratocaster or maybe even slightly better but the Telecaster neck pickup just doesn't have the clarity needed to make it a high gain choice for me. Enjoy your Strat.. I only own one but enjoy the heck out of it. And yes. Sometimes I take it out for a new song I'm working on and when the song is finished being written the Stratocaster just seems to continue being played like its the main guitar for an extra week or two before I get back to my other guitars.

20. dreamingtele

in terms of feel, i think Teles rule. i like them bound and have sharp edges. They sit right with me. Playing standing up or seated.

The strat seem always want to slide away when I’m sitting down but oh so comfy standing up. Hahah. Its a weird feeling to have a strat again. Lol.

but yes, the simplicity of the tele layout, and how the body and neck is joined together and all. Its an amazing guitar, really.

Phrygian77 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.